Need help modifying hotel reservation

micheleq

DIS Veteran
Sadly, our HRH stay needs to be cut to two days vs. the three nights (4/4-4/7) that I currently have booked at the APH rate. I just called the reservations line and they said that I cannot modify the reservation and keep my AP rate :( The rep. said that she was showing the AP rate as closed out for that hotel during those dates. Fair enough.

The three nights at the AP rate are cheaper than two nights at the standard rate. I can get PBH with an AP rate still, or do I try to cancel my reservation and immediately rebook at HRH? Will the APH rate pop up in their system so I can grab it back?

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

You could try calling the hotel directly or ask for a supervisor on the reservations line and give them your sob story, not sure if it would work but can't hurt? At least reserve the PBH at the AP rate now so you have the option.

If ap rates are sold out, you could not rebook for two nights and get the ap rate

You could keep the reservation and leave the third day
You said the 2 night costs more than the 3 night stay

If you cancel, those APH rates will not come up again. Don't chance it. That is always the risk that you take when you book with the APH rate and need to make a change. Once those rates don't show up anymore on the website, they are gone.

Thanks everyone. I ended up booking two nights at Portofino Bay with an AP rate (yay!) and then canceling my HRH reservation. That saved me money over keeping the original HRH reservation so that's a good thing!

Lesson learned! I still got a good deal and I know we will have a blast no matter where we stay

Glad it has worked out for you !

Thank you! And thanks for all of your work as a mod and for the great insights & information that you share :)

My DH and DD9 haven't stayed at PBH (DD11 and I went on a girls trip last April), so at least they get to experience a new resort.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter