Need help it's been 14 years since we have done Disney.

matsterrocks

DIS Veteran
Wow things sure seem to have gotten complicated since we last did Disney. Could use some help/suggestions on how best to do our upcoming WDW trip in January 2022.
Me (47) Wife (47) Son (24)
Flying into MCO Jan 10/22 around 4:30pm
Staying at Coronado Springs Resort Jan 10 checking out Jan 14/22 My wife will be at a conference so will not be joining my son and I at the parks this week.
Jan 11 Wife at conference all day - Son and I full day at which park?
Jan 12 Wife at conference till 6pm - Son and I at park till 5:30 which park?
Jan 13 Wife at conference till 6pm - Son and I at park till 5ish which park? Need to go to Disney Car Centre to get the rental car. We will drive to Miami this evening.
Jan 14-17 Cruise
Jan 17 disembark cruise ship in Miami and drive back to WDW staying off property. Go to park around 2pm till close which park?
Jan 18 everyone park start to finish
Jan 19 everyone park start to finish
Jan 20 drive son to airport later morning wife and I park till close
Jan 21 fly home later morning.

We are not planning on getting park hoppers but are willing to get Genie +
We like most rides other then spinning tea cup type.
Not interested in parades but do enjoy the shows.
Interested in a couple sit down meals but will do our pigging out on the cruise.

Would love any suggestions on how to plan our itinerary for the trip.

You picked a good time to go. My wife and I will be there as well that week.

You really have to figure out the rides you like and if there are must dos.

You can probably get a whole park done in a day, especially if you get there early. You have 6 days in the parks if you want so you can probably get all you want done. MK has a lot of rides, that might be worth doing 2 days at. With G+/ILL you can pay for some of the rides that are must dos and don't want to worry about getting a boarding pass (for ROTR or Remy) or spending hours in line. Hollywood Studios will probably has a large amount of new rides for you so plan on a couple of days there as well.

Epcot will have the Festival of the Arts and if you like that, spend a long day there so you can walk around to take in the event as well as the rides. If you don't care, Epcot is a half day. New Space 220 restaurant is there (but good luck with a reservation w/o using Touring Plans reservation finder or something like that).

We tend to do a day in each park and then come back to our favorites.

You might also look at a day at Universal if you are staying off-site after your cruise. We're doing a split stay so we can have some time at both places.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter