Need help identifying an animation cel!

BigDaddySputnik

Earning My Ears
I'm new here, so if this is the wronf place to post this, I'll remove it.

My wife recently bought an animation cel of Minnie Mouse. Minnie is wearing a white bathrobe and has a white towel wrapped around her head. She is also holding a purple/pink towel with a blue stripe and appears to be laughing. We have searched through every Minnie cartoon we could find and have had no luck finding it's source. Does anyone here have any ideas? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You might want to post this on our Disney Collectors Board.

Over the years, Disney made many cels that were used in commercials, educational films which were never part of a readily available cartoon. If there is a Disney seal on the cel, it could help with identification. If you can, post a photo of the cel on the Collectors board as that may also help. Even the image of Minnie could help with a timeframe when it may have been created.

Good luck with you search for info!

Welcome to the DIS!! :)

Based on the appearance of Minnie, it appears to be from a more recent production of some sort. Minnie never had a cartoon series of her own, but was in 73 cartoons with Mickey and Pluto.

It looks like there is no Disney seal on the cel (which just means it was not likely ever sold by Disney. If there is any type of Gold seal on the back it might indicate that it was sold at Disneyland or Disneyworld.

It may have been used in a product commercial. Cels are quickly becoming a rarity as modern productions go from drawings to the computer where they are 'painted' without ever becoming a cel.

Regardless, enjoy your cel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter