need help finding a cactus shaped pencil

mrs. magoo

DIS Veteran
I know that I rarely post, but my daughter has a little boy in her class that brought a cactus shaped pencil from Arizona to school last week and the pencil was broken. My daughter was broken hearted for him and wants to get him a replacement(using her own money). I tried ebay with no success and have googled for the past 30 minutes, but can only find bulk purchases. Does anyone have any idea where I could purchase one short of flying off to Arizona to get him a replacement?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

kathe

Oriental trading???

They have all sorts of stuff like that....only problem is that you may need to order a dozen.

I checked OT after reading the request - no such luck.

If it doesn't have to be for Christmas, I will look for one when I'm in Las Vegas next week.

Maybe find a disser who lives in Arizona and get them to buy it for you, or post on Arizona's Craigslist.:confused3

Marsha

Thank you for the offer. If I am not successful before then I may ask for your help. My sister in law is flying in from New Mexico for Christmas so I was thinking about asking her.

Thanks again

Kathe

try calling the state tourism board 1-866-275-5816 they might be able to help you.

Thank you ... Thank you ... Thank you... I knew that someone on here would totally be able to help me. The dis is the best bunch of people... :yay:

I will totally try calling, but I think that I will order the pen just in case nothing else pans out. The little boy is a fragile one who gets picked on. My daughter is one who wants to save the world at 7. I am not ready for her to be crushed by the weight of the world yet so we thought we would try to brighten his holiday. He lives on our street so we have the entire break to bring the pen or pencil to him.

Thanks again

Kathe

I found this too, Our Price:$2.95 Keychain Cactus Carabiner

TUC011l.jpg

http://www.uofabookstores.com/uaz/s...mFiaW5lcg&type=1&target=shop_product_list.asp

I just sent a PM to a DISer friend in NM. I'll let you know if she can find one.

I'm in AZ. I'd be happy to pick up a cactus pencil if you need one still. Just PM me and let me know. I'm not sure I can get it out before Xmas, but I'll try. :goodvibes

I know they have these at the Phoenix airport because I bought one for my son when I traveled to a wedding awhile back...good luck! :goodvibes

PM Goofyluver; she is going to look for one. :goodvibes

I don't have any idea where to find a cactus pencil :confused3 Wish I could help.

But I want to say that this thread made my day!!

What a wonderful bunch of people:goodvibes This is just what I needed to see this Christmas :santa: :wizard::santa: :wizard: :santa: :wizard:

Wow :goodvibes the dis is really a great place. I have 2 people on the trail and I am trying to order from the bookstore, but it is not letting me do it from work so i will try when i get home.

My daughter will be thrilled. :cloud9: As she told me "that is what Christmas is all about" (sometimes it takes the kids to remind me about the true meaning)

thank you once again.

Kathe

I just wanted to give everyone who posted an update. I emailed Phoenix airport and Holly called me today with the pencil. Her and I are in touch by email so I may have it by Christmas. Thank you all for your suggestions and volunteering to go get one. Beca is thrilled that people she does not even know are coming to her rescue.

Thank you once again.

Kathe

What an amazing daughter you have.
And what a great group we have here so willing to help!:goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter