Need help deciding BLT or BCV

camouseketeer

DIS Veteran
My family is traveling to the Princess Half Marathon in February. The race is at the end of the President's Day week, so it is a busy time. I am debating between renting points for a 1BR at BLT and BCV. Going through David's, I can get a 1 BR at BCV. There is also availability at BLT, but David's does not have enough DVC owners to get it for me now. So do I wait for BLT and risk losing them both, or book BCV now to ensure myself a villa?:confused3

BLT is my first choice. I've stayed at the Poly, and I love the proximity to the monorail, especially for the race.

I love the look of BCV and the pool, of course, and its proximity to Epcot. But I've also read that the villas are in poor condition (or poorer than BLT) and that will be a big deal for us.

How easy is it to get around to the parks from BCV?
What is the condition the villas at both locations?
Which location (BCV or BLT) has more for my 12 and 10 DD's to do outside of the parks?

Thanks for any and all information and opinions!

BCV is a host resort for the Princess Half Marathon so there will be transportation to all of the weekends marathon events. If you stay at BLT, you will need to get to one of the host resorts to catch a bus to the marathon events.

Host resorts can be found here by selecting the desired race: http://www.rundisney.com/travel/disneyworld/

If you stay at BLT, you will need to get to one of the host resorts to catch a bus to the marathon events.

Host resorts can be found here by selecting the desired race: http://www.rundisney.com/travel/disneyworld/

Thank you for the link. There is no updated info yet on that site for the 2014Princess Half, but the Contemporary is listed as a host hotel for the 2013 race. Wouldn't that mean that I could walk to the Contemporary to get to the monorail to TTC to get to Epcot for the race?

Thank you for the link. There is no updated info yet on that site for the 2014Princess Half, but the Contemporary is listed as a host hotel for the 2013 race. Wouldn't that mean that I could walk to the Contemporary to get to the monorail to TTC to get to Epcot for the race?

Sorry, didn't notice the date was still 2013 for the Princess 1/2.

They run buses from the hosts resorts to the starting area. If you are not staying at one of the hosts resorts, you need to get to one of those to catch a bus to the starting area for the race.

My family is traveling to the Princess Half Marathon in February. The race is at the end of the President's Day week, so it is a busy time. I am debating between renting points for a 1BR at BLT and BCV. Going through David's, I can get a 1 BR at BCV. There is also availability at BLT, but David's does not have enough DVC owners to get it for me now. So do I wait for BLT and risk losing them both, or book BCV now to ensure myself a villa?:confused3

BLT is my first choice. I've stayed at the Poly, and I love the proximity to the monorail, especially for the race.

I love the look of BCV and the pool, of course, and its proximity to Epcot. But I've also read that the villas are in poor condition (or poorer than BLT) and that will be a big deal for us.

How easy is it to get around to the parks from BCV?
What is the condition the villas at both locations?
Which location (BCV or BLT) has more for my 12 and 10 DD's to do outside of the parks?

Thanks for any and all information and opinions!

What did you end up doing? I am signed up for the PHM with DD and hoping to stay at BLT.

We are staying at BCV. The proximity to EPCOT will work better for my family's vacation. If the race was the primary reason for my visit, I would have chosen BLT. You can't beat the monorail transportation to and from the race for both you and your spectators!

All Disney resorts are "hosts" this coming year. DD and I are staying two nights at AKL and then moving to BLT for Sat and Sun nights.

Have you taken the monorail to the race before? I hope it's running and reliable!!

Since there are no discounts on park tickets :sad2: (like there was when I did the PHM in 2010), we will just be going to the MK on Fri, Sat or Sun.

We just back from BCV 6 weeks ago, we stayed in a 1 bedroom, had no problems, the rooms were in great shape. :thumbsup2

We just back from BCV 6 weeks ago, we stayed in a 1 bedroom, had no problems, the rooms were in great shape. :thumbsup2

Great to know!

Have you taken the monorail to the race before? I hope it's running and reliable!!.

I took the monorail for the 2010 half marathon. It was simple and easy for both directions. It also made life easy for my mom who found various places to see me run along the race route.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter