Need help calculating our costs

Discussion in 'Disney Dining Plan' started by monica9, Jan 9, 2019.

1. monica9

monica9 DIS Veteran

Haha your husband sounds funny and similar to mine with the resort choices. You should book him BBB lol.
    Actually, what you are saying is exactly what I was going to do today at work. Calculate everything. I’m going to be on allears menus all day.
    I feel like if I knew the space restaurant at Epcot was going to be open when we go then it will help make our decision as it will be another TS we would want to reserve

2. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

If that one is on your radar, book the plan. You can cancel later on if you find it will not pay for itself. Your price is locked in just in case the plan price increases.

monica9 likes this.
  3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. monica9

monica9 DIS Veteran

I just calculated
    Looks like our sit downs would cost (dinner and tax/ no tip:
    Artist point storybook dinner $165
    Ohana dinner $145
    Chef Mickey B-fast $ 125
    2 quick services/day averaging $10/meal w/drink= $80/day
    1 snack per day for 4 of us (toddler included in snacks)= $20
    12 quick services
    3 table services
    6 snacks
    around $1115 not including if we got an alcoholic drink but I don't think we'd get it with our meals we would probably get one randomly at Epcot or Poly
    so what do you think??
    Sorry to be a pain!

5. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

You are under the cost of the plan, so unless your qs calculations are under you will be better off without it.

I still would add it and if dining costs increase you are good. If not cancel it.

monica9 likes this.
  6. monica9

monica9 DIS Veteran

Yea, forgot to add our little one to some of the quick services and snacks.
    Unfortunatly we purchased dvc points from a rental company so I think I'm locked in if we decide to go the dining plan route.

7. KMarston

KMarston Mouseketeer

If you google Disney dining plan calculator you'll find a simple tool to give you a good estimate!

monica9 likes this.
  8. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

I have read that it has not been updated in quite some time so it does not calculate based on teh price increases that have taken place this past year.

KMarston likes this.
  9. Nancyg56

Nancyg56 DIS Veteran

You are locked in I believe.

I am not great at the math for other people. I know that my family orders the burgers, ribs, etc on the QS menus. We order the alcohol or the fancy pants beverages. Starbucks is one of our snack credits in every park, and so our use there is around 7 or 8 per beverage with the extra shots. For us, if is it close we book teh plan and even though we have on occasion had a few snacks left or a CS left, I use them to get those little tins of mints that are about $5 each and give them to the kids as part of their souvenier.

I wish I was more help, but I know that there are people here who do very well at calculating. WHen I am in doubt I ask my DD to look at our sheet.

monica9 likes this.