Need help booking...must be people walking

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
New to all of this. My 7 month window is opening soon. I've been watching daily for a few days and trying to book at 8 am just to see if I can, but not really intending to do so because the 7 month date has not arrived yet.

Every morning, the initial 7 month date is gone but the following 6 days are available. When I check the next day, same thing, but the previous day is now available. I assume this is because people are walking.

I'm assuming that if the initial day I want is never available, I can't start a walk myself. My only thought then is, can I start booking one day at a time? Eg. today is Jan 10th and Aug 10th is not available but now Aug 9th has become available (was not available yesterday), and the 11th -17th is available. So, I could book the 9th today, hope the 10th becomes available, tomorrow, add it, then keeping adding one day at a time until I get my full week? This of course only works if people are releasing days and I know I risk not getting the full week. Is there another way I can do it?

TIA.

Yes, I would add one day at a time and once you have secured all your dates combine them into one reservation. At least it gives you something to work with. If you try to wait until all the days become available, you will probably miss out. I would also start a wait list as soon as you are eligible at the 7 month mark. If people are walking, your waitlist should pick up the days.

Yep, been there for my October booking. Each day I modified my reservation by picking up a day. It was like picking up the walkers “droppings”. Very time consuming and aggravating. But got it done.

omg. this is exactly what im seeing as well! I have been watching it for 2 weeks and see the night disappear and then become available again first thing in the morning!! I was wondering why this is happening as well. Thankfully when I went to book this morning, ALL the nights were there but have not been the past 10 days- it is crazy! And frustrating!

can I start booking one day at a time?

Definitely, and you'll see that you can wait list a couple of the nights. They will come through as the people walking are probably going to drop these nights in a week or two.

Hooray, tired again this am at 8:00 sharp and all days were available. I haven't decided exactly when we are going but starting Aug 11 works. At most, I might walk it for a couple of days to start on the 13th.

Thanks for the input everyone.

Hooray, tired again this am at 8:00 sharp and all days were available. I haven't decided exactly when we are going but starting Aug 11 works. At most, I might walk it for a couple of days to start on the 13th.

Thanks for the input everyone.
It is great when your dates are available!:thumbsup2

Looks like it's time to put a cash charge on walking, say $20 each time you make and cancel a night. Maybe even $50 if done more than 3 times. Or just remove the on-line modify tool.

I've walked a reservation before, but only for a couple of days as I didn't have the points to do it over a long period without having to mess around with the reservation on a daily basis. I also think that the vast majority of DVC members who are not on this site are totally unaware of the walking method of obtaining the most sought after reservations. The entity that is aware of the walking option is Disney. I would be interested to know if Disney is able to use its 2% retained points. plus any transferred out points (for cruises etc), to walk reservations and if it is the primary cause of issues associated with walking of reservations.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter