need help ASAP!

DIS Dad #856
I booked our flight 2 months ago and have made all our plans and reservations around it.it is a one way round trip on Frontier.I booked with them specifically to get these flights as it fits our needs.
Today I got a notice saying my flight has been changed from a one way to a one stop that leaves 12 hours earlier with a 15 hour layover both directions! I would never book a flight like this.

what are my options? can I refuse the change? I don't know what to do as the new change is not acceptable at all.

I booked early to save money and now flights with other airlines have gotten very high for our days we need.

I booked our flight 2 months ago and have made all our plans and reservations around it.it is a one way round trip on Frontier.I booked with them specifically to get these flights as it fits our needs.
Today I got a notice saying my flight has been changed from a one way to a one stop that leaves 12 hours earlier with a 15 hour layover both directions! I would never book a flight like this.

what are my options? can I refuse the change? I don't know what to do as the new change is not acceptable at all.

I booked early to save money and now flights with other airlines have gotten very high for our days we need.

Yes, you can call the airline and say the new flight schedule is unacceptable and ask for a refund.

You can call them and see what alternatives are available if the revised flight is not unacceptable. However, I think that you may be out of luck when it comes to cost. If comparable flights to what you booked are significantly higher, you will be responsible for paying for the difference. But, as js said, you can call and ask for a refund as the revised timetable just does not work for you.

a refund is fine but the trip was also based on our ability to get the low airfare.I now fear what it will cost on these very specific dates.

I had been watching this flight after booking and the airfare went through the roof, quadrupling in price. I am thinking they want our seats to make more money.

So does your flight still exist on Frontier? or is there a nonstop on your days? If so, call and politely ask to be put back on it. No big deal. Computers do this and sometimes just a flight number change creates havoc.

I have been trying to call for the last 2 hours...lines busy

It looks like Frontier is nasty about flight changes.
http://faq.flyfrontier.com/help/draft---i-had-a-schedule-change-of-101-300-hours

You may be asked to pay the difference between the old flight and the new one if you choose to change.

I would pick out a flight and call. They may be able to change you to another flight because a 15 hour layover is ridiculous. FWIW, Frontier's flight prices often vary wildly.

Whoops ... I just saw that you've been trying to call. Maybe there is a mess up with Frontier's system. I might wait a day or two and see if things settle down. If you're going to pay extra for them to change your flights, Friday is not the day to do it. I would call back on Tuesday or Wednesday when prices are lower.

I have found an alternate flight with delta for 200 more but I cant get through to frontier. if I knew I can get a refund I would book the delta flight right now.
...this is maddening!

You got my sympathy, here is some pixie dust.........pixiedust:.

Thanks! it must have worked.
I finally got through to frontier and spent 2 hours and 45 minutes on ignore listening to the prerecorded loop. I was told that our flight was canceled and frontier no longer has a direct flight from LAX to Orlando. I was also told that I am indeed entitled to a refund If I so choose.
I was able to book a flight with delta that left LAX direct to Orlando at the same time our frontier flight was leaving.The return flight leaves 1 hour earlier than our original and has one stop and a plane change (but the connection is tight) and arrives an hour later at lax.
The cost difference between the two was 22 dollars more for the delta tickets less baggage fees which were included in the frontier flights.so I applied for the skymiles card and will get free bag check and a statement credit.(got instant approval and number)
I plan on giving the card up before the year is out to avoid the annual fee which is waived for the first year.

So glad it work out!

Thanks! Today was the day from hell,my stress level was so high I thought my head was going to explode.
I was feeling pretty good about getting the resort reservations made and flights booked over 5 months out and getting a "good deal" on airfare. that will teach me...

I'm so glad things worked out for you!!! I've heard of so many people having issues with Frontier Airlines. Sometimes, you really get what you pay for!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter