~~need Help~am I Just Being Silly??????

FairyDust2008

DIS Veteran
I'm really have doubts now with the AKL we booked. Not with the AKL in general but the room choice. Really, the room choice is the ONLY doubt I have. Did I mess up booking a standard club level???? I'm getting soooooooo many mixed information regarding this type of room. I am worried I'm paying extra for club level/concierge but am not getting a savannah view, a good one at that for the extra I'm paying? Am I just being silly??? When I called a cs rep for disney, he at 1st said the standard would give me a view of parking lot or woods. Then when I questioned him what I've read, that the club level are suppose to be savannah view? He looked and said yes but now I'm doubting if I should believe that? I'm driving myself nuts, LOL:eek: :scared1: but the only reason I booked CL was to get a GREAT savannah view and of course book the Sunrise Safari. I just know driving all the way to WDW, if I get there and don't have a good savannah view and paying extra for club level, I'm going to be highly disappointed:sad2: I mean, I thought there was a difference with booking a NORMAL SAVANNAH VIEW ROOM and BOOKING A CLUB LEVEL ROOM? I thought since you are paying a great deal more, you are getting a better view. Am I incorrect?? Please, any input/insight would be greatly appreciated. THANKS:surfweb:

Fairy Dusted, all AKL club level rooms are savanna view. If someone is giving you OLD information, they're uninformed. I emailed AKL IPO about this months ago, and they assured me that all club level rooms have a savanna view.
I went to the reservations landing for you, here is the (updated) information straight from Disney:
AKL Standard room-club level:
All rooms have two queen-size beds, one king-size bed with one day bed, or one queen-size bed with bunk beds, table and chairs on private balcony, ceiling fan, vanity area with two sinks and bath. Sleeps 3 or 4. The number of rooms with king-size beds is very limited. All rooms are non-smoking. Amenities include in-room safe, voice mail, high-speed Internet access, alarm clock, DVD player, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, coffeemaker, refrigerator and Pack 'n Play. A full-size crib is available upon request. Standard Room, Kilimanjaro Club rooms offer a view of a one of the savannas at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge. The Kilimanjaro Club includes advanced Walt Disney World® Resort Itinerary Planning service, personalized Front Desk and Concierge service, evening turndown service with chocolates, secure key access to the Club Level Lounge, which serves refreshments from 7:00 a.m. to 10:00 p.m. daily, complimentary Health Club access, weekday newspaper delivery of USA Today, complimentary fax assistance and the opportunity to book and experience Wildlife Discovery Excursion at Disney's Animal Kingdom® Park. Club Level Guests can book and experience the Sunrise safari and the Wanyama safari. The Wanyama safari is offered at a discounted price.

AKL standard room-club level is called just that. Standard room-club level. You don't need to mention savanna. It's included in all the AKL club level rooms.
We have a trip planned, and are staying at AKL standard-club level. I have researched this extensively. Feel free to PM me if you have further questions. Hope I've helped put your mind at ease. :thumbsup2

LilyV-THANKS FOR TAKING THE TIME TO RESPOND WITH YOUR INFORMATION:worship: I really appreciate the feedback. That is the information I had on my thing I printed out at home on my printer from my ressies but.................I had concern, when I was getting mixed information, etc. from elsewhere. I've gotten some great feedback from others but when I had the mixed information still coming up, that is why I was getting kind of concerned. I feel more relieved-ahhhhhhhhhhhh:cloud9: I'm ready to STOP stressing and sit back and enjoy the rest of the planning:yay: I never had any doubts about the AKL itself and booking there. I was just trying to be sure by paying the extra for the standard club level, that I wasn't in store for a bad view room because if it wasn't going to be any better than a NON-CLUB LEVEL room, then I could save the money and just book a NON-CLUB but.............I feel good with the decision because the Sunrise Safari is TOPS on our list and I know you have to be club level to do this, at least that is what I've heard/read. We are very excited for our trip! It is our 15th anniversary and our kids 1st wdw trip, our 1st family wdw trip and I guess I'm just fretting over every little detail, LOL:laughing: I'm ready to sit back and enjoy the magicpixiedust: so again, a BIG :thanks: to everyone at the DISBOARDS who have been aboard my rollercoaster of resorts ride-THANKS:grouphug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter