Need help/advice on airport to port transportation please

anniepoppins

Earning My Ears
Hi! While my husband and I are now (finally) Platinum, we have always rented a car and driven ourselves or taken Disney transfers since it's just the two of us. I'm helping a friend with 2 adults, 3 children on their very first Disney cruise. So far, she's been very teachable (ha ha) and done everything right except she just doesn't have time to do the research for some stuff. They have their air/hotel/online check in done for a Nov. 13 cruise but I'm trying to help her with transport to/from airport. She'll be arriving 2 days early and staying at Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa near the port. They don't wish to rent a car and won't really need it - they plan to go across the street to the beach and there's close by places to eat for the 2 days prior to the cruise.

It's been years since I've booked a transport service from airport to the Port Area but I remember when I did, I used one recommended here and there was a slight discount for mentioning Disboards when booking (but we're talking 10 years ago). Does anyone have advice on company to book them with? The 3 kids will share 2 suitcases and the 2 adults will each have one. Kids range in age from 13 - 8. Any advice welcome! Thanks very much.

Hi! While my husband and I are now (finally) Platinum, we have always rented a car and driven ourselves or taken Disney transfers since it's just the two of us. I'm helping a friend with 2 adults, 3 children on their very first Disney cruise. So far, she's been very teachable (ha ha) and done everything right except she just doesn't have time to do the research for some stuff. They have their air/hotel/online check in done for a Nov. 13 cruise but I'm trying to help her with transport to/from airport. She'll be arriving 2 days early and staying at Holiday Inn Express in Cocoa near the port. They don't wish to rent a car and won't really need it - they plan to go across the street to the beach and there's close by places to eat for the 2 days prior to the cruise.

It's been years since I've booked a transport service from airport to the Port Area but I remember when I did, I used one recommended here and there was a slight discount for mentioning Disboards when booking (but we're talking 10 years ago). Does anyone have advice on company to book them with? The 3 kids will share 2 suitcases and the 2 adults will each have one. Kids range in age from 13 - 8. Any advice welcome! Thanks very much.
We've used HappyLimo.com on numerous occasions and have been very happy with them. We always reserve a minivan so there's enough room for luggage and they end up sending us either a Suburban or a limo instead, nice upgrades. I wouldn't hesitate to use them.

If I’m not mistaken, FLTours has been the usual advertising limo service on this site for a while. I don’t know if there’s a discount available. We have used Tiffany Town Car many times and they always provide good service.

The above 3 were the ones I was going to mention!

How are they getting from the hotel to the port? Does their hotel provide shuttle service or are they taking a taxi?

We are the opposite....I feel lost without a rental car. I like to be able to go and see what I want when I want. I would feel trapped without a car. Heck I even have a rental any time we stay at WDW.

I do understand not everyone is like me though!

MJ

Thanks MJ. I am just like you and can't imagine a few days with a family in Cocoa with no rental car! I can't give up that control. But they are concerned about costs (one income family) and basically plan to go to the beach on the pre-cruise days. The Holiday Inn Express offers one way shuttle every day at 10:30am for $5 per person, or round trip for $10 per person, so they are all set for getting to the port on cruise day. I just need to find them some nearby restaurants and I think they'll be fine. Hotel shuttles for smaller hotels will usually run guests to a Walgreens or place to eat for just a tip, and if not there's always a taxi or uber. Thanks very much for the suggestions. I now remember that we used Happy Limo that once, and like Club Disney Chandler mentioned above, we were 2 couples and the upgraded us also to a Cadillac Escalade and got us there very quickly!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter