Need GF help!

wdwnutze

<font color=blue>Remembers "Gee Your Hair Smells T
We are planning a dec 03 trip with myself, mom and dd-11 and dd-5. Mom wants to stay at GF, possibly concierge. What do we ask for? I think we are more concerned with the location and having a nice room than a room with a view. Or, should we just go with a lagoon view and skip concierge? Is it worth the extra money? And finally, what were people able to get for discounts for the 1st week in Dec this year. I know things change but I'm curious as to what kind of discounts we might be able to get.

We stayed in a Garden view at the GF Dec. 15-21,2002 for $199 per night. They let us look at several rooms to choose from. We always get there early and try to check in around 10:00 am

Thanks for the information so far. I think after looking at the FAQ page what we are leaning toward is the lodge tower room. I think the extra space would be great for us since we will have a very busy 5 yo with us. Anyone ever stayed in one of these rooms? Anything you can tell me about them?

Hello to a fellow Bostonion. While I've never been in a lodge tower room, we have done standard, lodge concierge and main building concierge. Based on your daughters ages, I'd think that view would be fairly important. When we went this past July with our DD6, her only request was to see Cinderella's castle from our balcony. If that's the case, then you can cross the lodge concierge right off your list. Because of how its situated on the property, a castle view is very rare. We chose to stay in the main building again on our last trip. Our room was standard, but with only 4 people, you can also look into a deluxe which is a bit bigger. The castle was dead center to our balcony and we spent a lot of time sitting out there watching it change colors each evening. IMO concierge is worth it if you are planning on spending time at the resort and using the amenities. We ate breakfast in the lounge each morning and it was definitely enough to fill our stomachs. Most of the other meals offered were designed to be fillers only and usually included a salad, taco fixings, cheese plate, brownies and cookies. Evening meals included mini hot dogs, rice krispie bars and cupcakes for the kids. Wine is offered for the adults. From 8pm-10pm they offer beautiful pastries and liquers. (The wine and late night desserts are only available in the main building.) The lounge in the main building is very open and spacious. It has a wonderful view of the lower floors and each evening we would have our coffee and dessert there while listening to the orchestra play. The concierge staff helped us make all our dining and show reservations and even had no problem with the princess breakfast.

It's a beautiful resort and the monorail access to the Magic Kingdom is so convenient. I think that the one's who enjoy it the most are those that can spend time there relaxing. A spa treatment is fun to schedule and your DD11 might enjoy the "My first facial and manicure". Whatever you decide, I'm sure that you will not be disappointed.

Tammi

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter