Need Expert Advice! Planning a trip.

tcycmc

Earning My Ears
My husband and I are planning a trip to Disney for the 2nd week in July. I have gone is the past but never stayed onsite due the the cost. Well this year I am determined to stay onsite. My children are 2 & 4. We will be in Orlando for 7 days but I figure we will do Disney for 5 of the 4 days.

My current plan is to stay onsite from Sunday thru Thursday and Fri & Sat we would wind the trip down and go to Seaworld and Gatoraland. I figure on the weekend I would try to get the great deal that Cypress point is offering and save money on meals by preparing breakfast and lunch at the resort.

I would definitely love to stay onsite the entire time but being that the rooms onsite don't have kitchens it seems like we will be forced to buy each meal.

Any suggestions? Trust me, I am amazed how you all seem to book your trips at these great rates. Hopefully, I will be able to put together a great trip as well.

Also, do you all think that it is worth it to get AAA just for the discounts?

There are still many ways you can prepare both breakfast and lunch in your room without a kitchen.

Breakfast is easy - cereal, granola bars, stuff like that that the kids will eat. Bring an ice chest and refrigerate your milk so you can keep it fresh during your stay. Ice is free so you will have no problem replenishing it regularly.

Same for lunch - lunchmeats can be put into the ice chest and kept fresh for the duration of your stay.

If you need to heat something up that may be a different story...perhaps a toaster oven? Don't know if that's allowed but it's worth a try.

If you're willing to be creative you can definitely make it work and be able to save some money on most of your meals.

Of course, you could stay at one of the Home Away From Home resorts...but that's definitely not going to save much money...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter