Need DVC or RCI exchange ideas for next summer

KNC43

Earning My Ears
We just returned from our first RCI exchange in the Berkshires(Western MA) and it was lovely. I am thinking about next summer mostly bc we are HHI owners and need to book Asap if we want to do that next summer. After this successful RCI trade, I am thinking about another trade maybe somewhere else in New England but we are open. We live outside of D.C. and getting out of the heat and August humidity was so nice! Traveling will be myself, my DH and DS who will be 10. A one or 2 bedroom would be ideal. Thanks in advance for any advice!

Congrats on your successful exchange vacation!

I research potential exchange destinations on the Timeshare User's Group Resort Reviews, a 'membership' area of the TUG website. For $15, one gets access to reviews and 'sightings' for a full year and can earn free renewals but submitting resort reviews to their database.

FWIW, we tend to do an exchange trip every other year, give or take, but have two for this year. :) We enjoyed Embarc Sandestin, FL, for the week of July 4th (via Interval International) and have the Wyndham Flagstaff booked for a winter escape (via RCI). I need to complete at least two more RCI exchanges early next year to burn up a stack of RCI Trade Power Units (TPU) I have sitting on the books. Oh, my -- gotta get busy booking something!

So what are RCI trade power units?
FIRST: You don't have to worry about Trade Power Units (TPU) when exchanging DVC through RCI. When browsing RCI's inventory through the DVC>RCI portal, the number of DVC points required to complete the exchange is clearly shown to you. You could consider your DVC Points the "exchange currency" for the trade.

For the 'other side of the story': TPU are the exchange currency of the traditional RCI Weeks program. I have a fixed summer week at a Southern California beach property that I use for trading in RCI. When I deposit the week to RCI it is given a "value" in Trade Power Units. Some exchange opportunities are equal value to my week, some are less and some are more. In my situation, I combined a couple weeks together for a large TPU value ... and have only booked one exchange from that total. I need to spend the rest before they expire next Sept ... or pay to extend their life ... or pay to combine them with another deposit, etc.

We just returned from our first RCI exchange in the Berkshires(Western MA) and it was lovely. I am thinking about next summer mostly bc we are HHI owners and need to book Asap if we want to do that next summer. After this successful RCI trade, I am thinking about another trade maybe somewhere else in New England but we are open. We live outside of D.C. and getting out of the heat and August humidity was so nice! Traveling will be myself, my DH and DS who will be 10. A one or 2 bedroom would be ideal. Thanks in advance for any advice!
IMO a full year out isn't ahead, it's just on time or slightly late depending on the resort in question. It's usually best to plan closer to 2 years out for maximum benefit.

Hello! I'm glad you had a wonderful and successful RCI exchange.
My family and I had our first RCI exchange in New York City. There's mixed reviews on the timeshare. My family and I had an awesome time. :) Attractions were walking or subway distance: Broadway, Central Park and Times Square.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter