Need answer quick..about to book!!!

wishlounge

Earning My Ears
I am about to book our cruise and I am not sure what the best option is for air. We are coming from California do DCL usually give you a competitive rate l on airfare or should I find my own? If I don't book air with DCL now can I add it on later if I decide to? Thanks!

I am about to book our cruise and I am not sure what the best option is for air. We are coming from California do DCL usually give you a competitive rate l on airfare or should I find my own? If I don't book air with DCL now can I add it on later if I decide to? Thanks!

I would book just the cruise and ask them what the airfare would be. You can usually find better prices on your own - we always have. If you find that DCL's price is better than what you can find, you can add it on (as long as it is still available).

We fly from Cali and Disney has never even been close to the rates I find doing it seperately. If it is a matter of convieniece go through Disney. If it's a matter of $$ do it yourself.

You can add Disney airfare on up to 90 day before your trip, FYI.

This is my 1st Disney cruise and I will be coming from Cali as well. I didn't book through Disney because they wanted waaayyyyy 2 much money for the flight. Also I didn't like how I don't find out the flight until about 1-2 months before per guest services. I did like that if you book through DCL you get free ground transfers and a free night at the Hyatt. Good luck!

You don't get FREE ground transfers or FREE Hyatt. They are loaded into the cost of the air fare.

In most cases, you can get a better price by booking the air on your own (as well as the transfers and Hyatt stay if desired). In addition, you will have MUCH more flexibility as to your flight arrangements. For instance, Delta used to have a direct flight from our home airport to MCO. This flight was NEVER used by DCL booked flights; they always routed us thru a connecting airport. This was a pain in terms of time, possibility of lost luggage, possibility of delayed flights, etc.

Yes, you can add DCL air up to 90 days ahead of the cruise, by which time you will have a good idea of what you can book on your own. You can also book the transfers and the Hyatt stay thru DCL is you wish; you can obviously make other arrangements to get to the port or spend the night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter