Need advise from the experts! Booking ADR's.....

BYC

DIS Veteran
..........Our 180 days is coming up soon. I know how hard it is to get some of the places we want . Any tips on what order to make these reservations in the early AM on day 180? Here are my choices, with desired times:

Fri.- Raglan Road-Dinner 5:00

Sat.- H&V Fantasmic package-breakfast-8:00
Brown Derby -dinner-6:00

Sun.- BOG-breakfast-8:00
Ohana-dinner-6:00

Mon.-Akersus-Breakfast-8:00
Tokyo Dining-Dinner-6:00

Tue.-Tusker House ROL Package-Breakfast-8:00
Boma-dinner-6:00

Wed. - No reservations

Thurs.- No reservations

Fri.- HoopDeeDoo-4:15

Thank you for any help you can give!

Go for BoG first, then Akershus, then Tusker House ROL, then H&V Fantasmic, then HDD, then 'Ohana, the rest should be easy peasy.

Reactions: BYC
I actually think an 'Ohana dinner, especially at a prime dining time like 6:00, will be the hardest to get so I would try for that first. Then I would probably try for Akershus next (primarily because you want an 8:00 time and that is PPO), then BOG (again, only because you want 8:00 but I don't think this is as tough to get since park opening procedures have changed). The others shouldn't be a problem but you might not get exactly the time you wanted. If you want the ROL Dining Package specifically because you want to see ROL than I wouldn't be too concerned because I have found several ROL breakfast package times available just over 30 days from our arrival date. If you want it specifically because you want breakfast at 8:00 for the ROL package then I would suggest making that one of the first your schedule. In general I always think the best plan, however, is to schedule whatever ADR is the most important to you first if it is a very popular one. Is there one in particular you would be very upset if you didn't get at the exact time you wanted? If you could only get it 30 minutes to and hour after your preferred time would you pass?

We eat at the "popular" places that tend to be more difficult to get a ADR for on every trip and 'Ohana is the only one I have ever had experience with not being able to eventually get (although we have been able to get it at weird time like 3:55 or 4:05 as opposed to prime dinner times). The good news is that even if you can't get exactly what you want at your 180 days mark, if you keep stalking the reservations online you WILL eventually be get everything. I have been able to get everything we want within 10-15 minutes of our desired time (except 'Ohana some trips) but it does take some dedicated time invested in stalking the system and/or using one of ADR search programs and being able to get into the system within seconds of getting the availability message. Good luck!

Push the ROL package at Tusker House down your list a bit. I was trying for this Thanksgiving week, but it appears they have not released the ROL packages beyond September. Also, in September, they are only on certain days of the week.

Because we want to eat at Tusker House anyway, I did book a reservation for the time I wanted. I'll cancel it if I can get the ROL package.

BOG, Ohana, and Akershus should be the first three that you try for. Good luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter