Need advice on SSR spa treatments

lauriegs

proud AKV and BCV owner
I'm here at SSR for the first time and am trying to decide if I should try a spa treatment. I'd prefer to do something I wouldn't do at home (ie. manicure, pedicure). Is there anything you'd highly recommend? I was thinking about possibly the hydro massage therapy.

Can anyone help me out on this one? I'd really appreciate it!

The sugar maple body scrub treatment is wonderful, of course you will smell delicious when you come out, so watch out for squirrels. :thumbsup2

Some of the treatments are discounted with a DVC Membership Card. You might check and see if any of those interest you.

Yeah, I looked at those as well. hmm, the scrub sounds interesting, never have had anything done like that.

DH and I both did the manicure/peppermint pedicure on our last trip down, and it was wonderful!

I relaxed in the spa for a bit before and after and felt wonderful after. I think I'm adding this to our list of must-do things for every trip.

And we received the DVC discount, which was awfully nice.

I did the hydrotherapy massage in January- I wasn't a dvc member yet so not sure on if it is discounted. I get massages at home, but not in water- and I wanted to do something different from home. I really enjoyed it! Basicly you get in a tub (you wear a swim suit) and they use the sprayer to massage your body, and there are different colors in the tub, scents as well if I remember, and the best part was this neck/shoulder massage while in the tub, and she put these cool towels on. I would definitely recommend it! very relaxing. It wasn't like a regular massage where it really works out your muscles as much, but it was very, very relaxing and peaceful. But what I wished I'd done was give myself more time at the spa- they have fruit and it just is so relaxing, but I was on my way out after. So give yourself some time after to just enjoy the place!

Have fun whatever you chose! :goodvibes

Whatever you do decide to do enjoy :cloud9: and please let us know how the service was!

I've been there a few times and absolutely love the place. If you even want to get a massage do ask for Meghan. She's excellent. I highly recommend her. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter