Need advice on dining from Disney pros...

jchargett711

Earning My Ears
Hi,

I have been reading this board for a few weeks and have found so much info. You people really know your stuff. Here is my situation...

My friends daughter works at WDW and is going to get us a discount on our trip but she can't get a discount on the Dining Plan and will will not be able to add the meal plan if we use the discount.

I got online quotes with and without the Dining Plan. If we use her discount (without Dining) it will come to about $1600 less than if we just book without the discount and add the Dining Plan. There are going to be 4 of us; me, DH, DD4, DD7.

I would like to do one character meal and I plan on getting some food delivered from the garden grocer so we won't need 3 meals every day. We will be there 7 full days and 2 partial days.

So, now that you know my life story.... What senario do you think will be less expensive? Also, are some of the meals big enough to split with maybe an appetizer?

Thanks. I am interested to hear your opinions on this. I am leaving for the evening but I will check back late tonight.

Thanks so much, Jackie

You can ALWAYS eat cheaper without the plan (OK, not always - when the free dining promo runs you can eat cheaper on the plan - but even then it depends on what room you book at rack rate and how many people you have).

That isn't to say that the plan isn't a great deal (the 2007 plan, the 2008 plan - not so much). But the plan is a great deal for people who want to eat table service every night. If you don't want to sit down to a table service meal every day - or even if you are willing to share meals when you do sit down (you can't at buffets, but there are other options), and especially if you have some groceries handy (and a car for an offsite meal or two) - its cheaper to eat on cash.

Boy $1600 is a big savings. 7 nights would be $1120 and that would be for all adult. I would take your friends discount and pay for the meals OOP.
Buy the way does your friend that works at Disney need another friend? ME and DW are available.
13 days till out trip to POP and DDP. :hippie: :cool1:

You can ALWAYS eat cheaper without the plan (OK, not always - when the free dining promo runs you can eat cheaper on the plan - but even then it depends on what room you book at rack rate and how many people you have).

That isn't to say that the plan isn't a great deal (the 2007 plan, the 2008 plan - not so much). But the plan is a great deal for people who want to eat table service every night. If you don't want to sit down to a table service meal every day - or even if you are willing to share meals when you do sit down (you can't at buffets, but there are other options), and especially if you have some groceries handy (and a car for an offsite meal or two) - its cheaper to eat on cash.

I agree, plus you tend to eat more(desserts,apps,etc.) on the plan just so that you don't waist the money you spent on it.:lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter