Need advice on Condo situation/Ebay seller changing rooms

natenapril

DIS Veteran
So the situation is this. A seller on ebay listed 2 auctions for 2 separate condo. I won the first auction for a 2 bedroom for 4 days because that was all the time my sister was able to go on vacation. Paid immediately.
A day later I won another auction from the same seller for a 7 day 2 bedroom condo. My parents were going to take the master, my DH and I would have one bed and my 2 dds would share the other while my son took the pullout.
The problem is the seller JUST NOW emails me ( the reservation starts on the 4th of NOV but we are driving and leave in 4 days!) to tell me she listed the auction wrong and it was actually a one bedroom:scared1: There are 7 of us :scared1:
So then she/he goes on to say that they can get 2 one bedrooms next to each other. But I would still be a bed short since I have three kids. And I'm a little upset because the 2 bedrooms on ebay go much higher than the 1 bedrooms. I feel this was a bait and switch:confused3
So I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. We leave in four days and I am not going to be able to find another reservation that quick or get my money back that quick either. So just looking for advice or suggestions on how to make this work.
I already know I will be leaving appropriate feedback so other people will not be in these situations:headache:

If I understand, you will have 2 one-bedrooms instead of 1 two-bedroom. I would take a blowup twin bed. They are very small and easy to carry. One advantage to having 2 one-bedrooms is that you have 2 master suites and 2 living areas. It is not what you wanted but it could work. I hope you have a great time at Disney anyways.

It sounds like an honest mistake if they are willing to get you 2 1-bedroom units for the same price. That will probably cost them more than a single 2-bedroom, so they may come out in the hole. Not your problem since it's their mistake, but at least they are trying to make it right.

Two 1-bedroom units will have two sofa beds. As long as your parents don't mind having kids on their sofa bed (which they would have had in a 2br) then you're good to go. You and DH have a private room and all the kids are on sofa beds. :cool1:

Sheila

SS this happened. When you get back I would definitely send a complaint to ebay. Then write a complaint under this sellers feedback page. There is no way someone could make that kind of mistake! They pay a fee to join and pay a fee from the final bid. They probably waited till the last minute to book and could not get a two bedroom. Please make sure this seller can not do this to someone again.

It sounds like an honest mistake if they are willing to get you 2 1-bedroom units for the same price. That will probably cost them more than a single 2-bedroom, so they may come out in the hole. Not your problem since it's their mistake, but at least they are trying to make it right.

Two 1-bedroom units will have two sofa beds. As long as your parents don't mind having kids on their sofa bed (which they would have had in a 2br) then you're good to go. You and DH have a private room and all the kids are on sofa beds. :cool1:

Sheila
I actually think it will turn out better for you this way. YOU get a private bed room as long as your parents can take 1-2 kids in their condo. I really does sound like the seller is trying to make things right. I wouldn't leave her bad feedback since you are really getting an EXTRA bed out of the deal and more room.

Go with the flow and have a great time!

I have bought and sold many different times on ebay and I am very skeptical of this also. The seller has an obligation and while they are now attempting to make it right, it does almost sound intentional or as another suggested they waiting too late to book. Having stayed in many different condos the 2 one bedrooms can work out as previous suggested and it many be nice to have additional kitchen space, etc.

As a buyer I believe you should leave appropriate feedback. If you do not want to leave negative since they are working it out, then I would for sure leave a neutral so that someone can actually read what happened to you and be aware of this before bidding on another type of this auction from the seller.

If you actually use the condos for your trip I highly doubt you will be compensated with any sort of refund from ebay and I'm not saying that you would ask for that either.

Don't let this ruin your trip! Go and enjoy :).

As a buyer I believe you should leave appropriate feedback. If you do not want to leave negative since they are working it out, then I would for sure leave a neutral so that someone can actually read what happened to you and be aware of this before bidding on another type of this auction from the seller.
I think that is very fair.

Are both the two bedrooms only one bedrooms? Is the seller offering you two one bedrooms instead of two two-bedrooms? If this is the case, I would seek a refund and try to book elsewhere, leaving negative feedback.

I would actually be thrilled to have two 1 bedrooms over a one 2 bedroom, but that may just be me.

You and your DH can take 2 kids and stay in yours and your son can stay with your parents on their pull out.

Dawn

From your post it sounds as if the person you are renting from is trying to substitute one bedroom condos for the two bedrooms that you booked. I would agree to that if she gave you 4 one bedroom condos since you won the auction for 2 two bedroom condos. If she is only giving you a one bedroom condo in place of the 2 bedroom than I would expect a refund for the price difference and I would get that promise in writing beforehand. Then I would go and make the best of it since like you said you arent going to be able to get your money refunded before you would leave. You probably could book someplace else last minute but the money you already paid would be tied up in the meantime.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter