• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need advice on best UY

Chuckdaddy

Earning My Ears
Looking to buy a resale at BWV. The main reason we want BWV as our home resort is for the 11 month booking for F&W in October. Given this, what UY would be best for me? You can assume we will be booking 11 months out for the next year's F&W fest. Thanks for the input!

Chuck

My advice would be to go with a use year that starts just prior to when you plan to use your points in October.

This will give you the most flexibility in case you are unable use your reservation and need to cancel during the holding period. You'll have nearly a year in which to use your points before they expire.

Looking to buy a resale at BWV. The main reason we want BWV as our home resort is for the 11 month booking for F&W in October. Given this, what UY would be best for me? You can assume we will be booking 11 months out for the next year's F&W fest. Thanks for the input!

Chuck

Welcome Chuck!

UY is not real important when making ressies, but is important for cance;;ing/changing ressies.

Everyone can book their home resort 11 month in advance regardless of their ues year.

Lets use an example.

You *ALWAYS* travel in October. If you had an October Use Year, your points are good starting October 1 of any given year and expire September 30th the next year. (i.e. October 1, 2007 - September 30, 2008).

Say you had to cancel an October trip, you could bank those points into the next Use Year (October 1, 2008 - September 30, 2009). 100% of your points can be booked up to March 31, 2008, 50% June 30, 2008 or 25% July 31, 2008 (During Normal MS Business Hours!)

On the other hand, if you had a December UY, your points are good starting December 1 of any year, and expire November 30 the next year. In this case, cancelling an October ressie, you can no longer bank your points, and must use them or loose them by November 30. It is too late to trade into Interval International, although you could still transfer them.

No matter what use year you have, you can book October 1st, 11 Months in advance or starting November 2nd, the year before your vacation.

Hope that helps!

Also, life brings changes, more guests, retirement, moving, job changes, school schedules, your preferred travel dates may change, your Use Year will not!

-Tony

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter