Need advice. Never been to disneyworld, and am totally lost!

redE2pullmyhairoutu

Earning My Ears
Okay. I just found this board this morning as I was searching the internet for cheap travel plans for my family this summer. I have several questions. I hope you don't mind?
This is the rundown on my vacation. Our vacation will consist of 2 adults, and three kids (age 10, 12, 14) We will be renting a car to go to Orlando, Florida. We will be staying 3 nights and four days (but only plan to go to WDW for two of those days)
I think I have our hotel plans figured out, but I need some advice in this area.
I'm not sure what they call these, but I can get a deal if I listen to a 90 minute dialogue on buying some resort thing, I can get really discounted rates.
Can anyone tell me if this is a good deal? These are the rates I was quoted:
1)Luxury Resort Suites-2 BR, sleeps 8, fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi, Reg rates $189 night, discounted rate if I listen to 90 minutes talk is $255 for three nights. 3 miles from WDW
2)Summer Bay Resort-2BR/2 Bath sleeps 6, fully equipped kitchen, living room, dining room, Reg rates $229 night, discounted rate if I listen to 90 minutes talk is $177 for three nights. 6 miles from WDW
3)Ron John Resort-2BR/2 Bath, Private Patio or Balocony, fully equipped kitchen, washer/dryer, jacuzzi, Washer/Dryer, Unsure about reg rates, but discounted rate is $219 for three nights.
4)Ameri-Suites-2 Double Beds, + queen sofa pull out,kitchenette, free breakfast buffet daily, 3 miles from WDW. Reg Rates unknown, Discount rates for 3 nights $87.00

Also, I am trying to find the passes at WDW that make it so you don't have to wait in lines, and can go wherever you want in the parks. I think they are called Hopper passes, but there are three kinds and I don't know which ones I need to be looking at.

One more thing, and then I'll leave you all alone.
:rolleyes:
If I buy two 5 day park pass, can I combine all 5 of us together on those two passes, or do I have to buy FIVE SEPARATE passes? I don't see any passes for two days per person, and the five day passes are expensive since I won't be using only two days on each pass.

Thanks for listening and any advice you may have.

Hey try www.skyauction.com ! I got a condo at the silver lake resort for a week for $235.00! NO Presentaion to go through or anything! Most of there packages are for seven days but just use three of them. These are top resorts! When I first found out about skyauciton it was to good to be true, but it is true! Try them you will like! Just read all the fine print before you bid. Some are only valid for certain dates! Good Luck!

You have a lot of research to do! I'll help with this part:

Originally posted by redE2pullmyhairoutu

Also, I am trying to find the passes at WDW that make it so you don't have to wait in lines, and can go wherever you want in the parks. I think they are called Hopper passes, but there are three kinds and I don't know which ones I need to be looking at.

One more thing, and then I'll leave you all alone.
:rolleyes:
If I buy two 5 day park pass, can I combine all 5 of us together on those two passes, or do I have to buy FIVE SEPARATE passes? I don't see any passes for two days per person, and the five day passes are expensive since I won't be using only two days on each pass.

Thanks for listening and any advice you may have.

Park Hopper Passes allow you to hop between multiple WDW parks per day. For example, you could start the day at the Magic Kingdom, and finish the day at Epcot. There are no 2 day hopper passes, and you have to have a separate pass for each person travelling. You couldn't buy one 5 day hopper then split it amongst yourselves to use on 1 day. I think there is a 4 day hopper (or there used to be). If you only plan 2 park days, you will have to choose which parks you really want to visit and buy single day tickets.

Fastpass is separate from your park pass. Certain busy attractions have the fastpass feature, in which you insert your park pass into a machine, and you receive a ticket with a time window specified. You return to the attraction during the time window and are able to bypass much of the line.

One thing to keep in mind on the tickets is that the days never expire. So even if everyone in your party buys 4 day hopper passes and you only use 2 days the other 2 will still be good even if you don't think you'll be back for several years.

If you decide to just buy single passes and stay put in one park, I think (but am not sure) that if you buy one day at full price and visit the ticket center at the end of the day you could buy a second day at a slight discount. Hopefully someone else can verify!

I would also be leery of getting discounted hotels by listening to presentations. I've never been but have read horror stories from other people on these boards who would never do it again.

Good luck!

I would say to stay away from the time share presentations for such a short trip. There are usually restrictions on WHEN they allow you to do them. For example, you usually cannot schedule it for the day of arrival. And if they pick the time, it might not be convenient for you. You will want to be in charge of your own time!!

For a family of 5, you hotel options are somewhat limited. But sky auction seems like a good deal to me. do a search on this board & see if you can find any more info. I think people have started bidding at $1.

There aren't any WDW passes that let you cut lines all day. Fastpass ia avilable to everyone. It is limited access to a shorter line, but each person in your party can only have 1 at a time (you can get another one every two hours, or when the window for your current one starts). It's a little complicated :)

For hotels try hotelkingdom.com The cheapest 2 BR I saw there was Sunterra Cypress point for $95/night. It's a spacious unit & a decent resort. Also check out the thread on country inn & suites on the orlando hotels board. They might have something big enough for all of you, and it sounds pretty nice!

http://disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=116302&perpage=15&pagenumber=1

Have fun shopping!

Try Holiday Inn Family Suites right outside of Disney. Free breakfast for entire family. I have a family a 5 & that was a deciding factor in staying there. Also, kids 12 & under eat other meals free with a paying adult. Great deal!! Great pool & roomy accommodations.

Also, if you are only going to the parks 2 days, whatever kind of pass you decide to get don't try to kill yourselves. The "world" is far too big to see & do it all. See what you can & enjoy that. Have fun!!

One more thing - I would stay away from the 90-minute timeshare presentation. When you only have 4 or 5 days to spend on vacation you don't want to bit listening to a sales pitch, you want to be having fun.

You have been given excellent advice. I too would stay away from the time share things and just enjoy myself!

Holiday Inn Family Suites Is great!!
heres a link so you can check it out yourself
http://www.hifamilysuites.com/index.html?

This is what is in a Themed 2 bedroom Kidsuite. [ask for WDW Theme!!]
Sleeps 6
Parlor Area
• Kitchenette with mini-refrigerator
• Microwave
• Coffee maker
• 25" television
• Pull out sleeper sofa
• Rocking chair
• Video cassette player
• 2-line cordless phone
• Game table
• Safe

Private Bedroom-[with a door]
• King size bed
• 25" television
• Combination vanity/work station
with separate modem line
• Lighted make-up mirror and hair dryer
• Iron & Board

Themed kids' semi-private bedroom with privacy curtain
• Bunk beds & Jr. pullout bed
• 20" television
• Video player
• Clock/Radio
• Fun phone
• Nintendo 64 system
• CD/cassette player
• Activity table with chairs
• Ceiling fan

May I suggest you go to a bookstore and get one of the Disney World books. Lots of valuble information and explains about fast passes and tickets etc. Some discuss pros and cons of onsite VS offsite. I too, would avoid the presentation. It may only be 90 minutes but might have some wait time before it begins.VRBO.com has condos and houses for rent close to the park.As you read the book I'm sure you will have more questions. Happy posting! Linda

Just wanted to say:

<center>W E L C O M E !</center>

You have received a lot of good advice. 2 days will give you a small taste of WDW, and you'll want to come back, so those extra days on a 4- or 5-day PH will eventually get used. :D

Have a great time!

Thank you so much for all the great advice. I am so excited about finally being able to go to WDW this summer.
I have decided after reading all the comments about staying at the place where we'll have to listen to a presentation, that we will choose something else. I spent all day online yesterday searching the internet and reading all the posts here about WDW so much that I DREAMED of WDW last night:D
I was speaking to a friend about all this yesterday (she has never been to WDW either and wants to go) and I think we may try to all go together. I found some lodgings through the website called floridaorlandotickets (found that site here too-Thanks SOOO much) and they have a HOUSE you can rent that would be cheaper than most of the suites and hotels. They have a 5 BR, 3 Bath house that holds 10-12 people for only $115.00 a night. If my friend and I go in this together, it works out to only $57.50 a night. The down side is you have spend at least 5 nights there. But it is still cheaper. Since we may do this, I may opt for the 4 day hopper passes.
:pinkbounc
Thanks once again for all the excellent advice. I'm now an avid fan of this board. You are all so helpful and nice around here.

I think you will LOVE renting a house! It's on my list of things to do at Disney, but there are never enough days...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter