• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Need Advice from Fellow Adults!!

Luvmyfam3

I love DVC!
Hi All!

I have been to WDW many, many times, but my boyfriend has never been. We're going July 3 - 10th. I'm your classic case of obsessive compulsive Disney planner (OCDP)!! Since, this is my first time sans kids, I need some advice on a few things:

Most importantly restaurants!! - Where are some great places to go for adults. Blake wants to take me to one really nice place. I think that Albert & Victoria's might be going a little overboard, but I would like your opinion on that. What are some really cool places in and out of the parks that are more appealing to adults than just kids. BTW, we're staying at the Boardwalk.

Next question: Scheduling! I read above where most people were saying that the one great thing about going without kids and not pushing yourself too much. We're going to be in the parks for 4 days and there's so much I want him to experience! Any suggestions??

Last question: Partying!! - Blake and I both really enjoy the night life! I know that PI is a great place and I thought the Boardwalk would be great. Any opinions on your favorites???

Thank you SO much for any and all feedback!!! Kim:wave2:

Some of our fav restaurant are
wolfgang puck's dining room
cali grill
coral reef
luau

As far as planning....when are you going??
I would at least make ps's for places you absolutely want to try.
if it is just you and him going.....don't go crazy planning...play it by ear

I also find the later you have dinner ....the less children in the restaurant

PI is awesome....depends what kind of music you like
We love BET club...but I love hip hop music and love to dance
Mannequins is more techno
Haven't tried the adventurer's club or comedy club yet.....but heard they are alot of fun

also....if you like video games and virtual reality type games.....disneyquest is great

You're going to have a great time. Victoria and Albert's is very expensive but a remarkable dining experience. You definitely need a PS there. The California Grill, Citricos, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Portabello Yacht Club are some other fine restaurants you might enjoy.

Sounds like your going to have a great time. Boardwalk is wonderful and has some nice place to eat and play in. BW has Flying Fish, Spoodles and ESPN. Then for nightlife there is Atlantic Dance Club and the name of the piano bar is escaping me at the moment but you would love it. Your also staying in a very nice area as you can go over to YC/BC (Beaches & Creams or Yachtsmens Steakhouse) to eat or anyplace in the Swan/Dolphin as well. As for the rest of the world and eating, there is Le Cellier, California Grill, Citricos, O'hana's and a number of other places including Wolfgang Puck's in DTD. Check out a site called wdwig.com for the various menus and pricing.

As for what you can't miss, what do think your boyfriend would love best in each park. Look at a list of all the rides in each park and put your must do's down and if you have enough time, then put some may do rides as well. Don't forget to use Fast pass and don't force yourself to go commando through the parks. Remember you want to make him into a Disney attic like the rest of us, so key to this is making it both a fun and relaxing vacation that way next time you get to go back for a longer length of time. Good luck and have a ton of fun.

Hi,

The name of the dueling piano bar at Boardwalk is Jellyrolls, after jazz pioneer Jelly Roll Morton. It carries a $7 cover charge.

Adventurer's Club at Pleasure Island is a hoot. I was there twice--on Tuesday, December 9 and Friday, December 12, and found it slightly naughty--though the minimum age for PI entry is 21, this is still Disney--and hilarious.

Comedy Warehouse is all improvisational short comedy skits involving audience members. It can be howlingly silly.

I spent a lot of time in 8-Trax, where they play 70s-80s music. On December 12, 2003 I saw some great-looking people there.

My favorite places to eat tend toward the more casual sit-down places.

'Ohanas at the Polynesian.
Capn Jack's Oyster Bar at Downtown Disney Marketplace has a great view of the marina. Usually no reservation is required.
Hoop De Doo late seating serves booze.
Le Cellier, in the Canada pavilion, has an intimate feel.
I've heard that San Angel Inn, Mexico pavilion, is very romantic. You may consider the El Rio Del Tiempo boat ride.

Have a magical trip!

Jim

Remember to make priority seating reservations for the restaurants you want to eat at because you are going to be there at one of the busiest times of the year. Have a great trip.

Make sure you check out Jellyrolls at the Boardwalk! It's a dueling piano bar, and it's a lot of fun. It's open from 8:00 pm until 2:00 am. The first hour or two is usually relatively quiet, but by 10:00, the place is usually hopping. If you go to www.thepianomen.com you can find out who will be playing during your stay. The schedules come out every other week.

Karen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter