About a month ago I decided it might be nice to try to squeeze in a 4 night trip in the beginning of December. As all of you might guess there was NO AVAILABILITY!! Of course as a new DVC member , I was un-aware that this is such a popular time!! Anyway I waitlisted for a studio or one bedroom the second week of December for sun-thurs. Today, I called to see if there was availability the previous week or the next week. I pretty much could have my pick of rooms and resorts the third week so I booked a studio at BCV while staying on the waitlist. My question is--will having the reservation affect my waitlist status?? I really would like to go the second week. Also if any of you have gone so close to Christmas and have small children and responsibility that goes along with the whole holiday thing--how did it work out?? I just think getting home one week before Christmas may be cutting it a little close!!( although I really want to go) Decisions, Decisions!