Need advice asap: Take or decline the insurance

MagicKingdom05

<font color=red>Loves to Travel<br><font color=dar
Hi,

Should I decline or take the insurance that they offer on these packages. I believe it is $44.95.

I said no, but I am rethinking it.

I would decline it.

the only person who tried to claim something had to have a hospital bill saying he went to the hospital, etc.....

it was a pain for not alot of money.

read the stuff carefully before you buy it...

Spiceycat,

That is what I did, but I am not sure. What happens if my flight is cancelled or delayed.

i had insurance for a trip to jamaica and we had to cancell but there were so many limitations on the insurance it does not apply to everything. i would find out what they consider a good reason for cancelling.in the end we were able to save the trip for a year but could not cancel altogether!

Are you talking about the cancellation insurance?

I WOULD get it - you never know what MAY come up.

A couple years ago I had a trip all set w/about 1000.00 into it. Our van died - a few other things came up and basically the trip was off.. (we STILL haven't gotten back to DW :earseek: ) I was able to cancel after the cut-off and get everything but the deductable back.

I used to work for a 24 hour emergency office for a travel agency - you cannot imagine the stories we'd hear... and how horrible we felt when someone had not purchased the cancellation insurance. That's why I purchased it - I didn't want to be the one feeling horrible.

Spicycat is right tho' READ EVERYTHING THOROUGHLY before you sign - make sure you know how to handle everything. I'd gone directly through Disney at the time.. (travel agent rate.. :cool1: ) But from what I've been reading you're looking at AAA. Just engage them in conversation about the insurance. Ask LOTS of questions...

Just my 2 cents - but since I'd been through it I thought I'd throw it out there.

MagicKingdom05 said:
Hi,

Should I decline or take the insurance that they offer on these packages. I believe it is $44.95.

I said no, but I am rethinking it.

Hey Jason: Great thread. You are one funny guy. I say we all take it and then...oh never mind, no use stirring it up again.

I called and left a message for the TA asking her to add it on if possible. I already made the reservation so I don't know if it can be done afterwords or not. It's only $44.95 so I guess it is worth it so I don't have to worry about what if.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter