Need a rant before i explode

buzz for boys

<font color=royalblue><marquee>Certified Serious S
Hi guys
I cant believe what has happened today for the past month we have been planning a halloween party for family and friends everyone got invites and rsvped on time and then today I have recieved emails from 2 of my friends saying they are no longer coming - thing is these 2 people make up 12 really *** they have 4 kids each !!
I have spent a fortune on this party in food decorations costumes and party prizes and surprises for the kids and now people cant be bothered to turn up !!!
The thing is they are meant to be my best m8s and simply saying sorry cant make it anymore aint good enough !!
Why do i Bother ????
rant over back to baking cakes for the people who can be arsed to turn up :mad:

I've had this happen too many times that I stopped having parties. Even DDs friends have done this to her - I was brought up that if I accepted an invitation then I'd accepted it and if anything I preferred turned up later that was too bad I was already busy.

Have fun without them and unless you find there was a genuine reason for not coming then don't invite them next time. You've had a rough time lately the least you're friends can do is share some fun times with you.

Best to let them know all the effort you have gone to make the party a success or ignore them and have fun yourselves :goodvibes

That's terrible! I'm having a party for all my family and I've just spent £100 on food and drink today so I know exactly how pegged off you must be. Also that doesn't include all the extra's you've bought.

Hope you have a great time with all the friends that do turn up. Like the previous person said unless it's a good reason for cancelling don't invite them again. Also - who cancel's by email? I would have expected a phone call at least!

thats such as shame, ive always experienced similar things in the past with parties and i know many others do too. its a shame but many people dont have manners these days. :mad:

really hope you have a great party.xx :goodvibes

To repeat what others have said - unless there is a good reason for cancelling, I would not invite them again. I would have thought that if there was a good reason, they would have mentioned it when cancelling.

I hope you have a good party.:goodvibes

Such a shame - I would be annoyed too. Perhaps you ought to invite 12 DISers to make up numbers!!!:laughing:

I to am having a party as it is DH birthday on halloween and with everything that has happened in the last couple of week frankly I think we need some thing to look forward to , but like previous post I sent out many invites and half of the people have either not botherd to rsvp and have canceled at the last moment . I wish every one who is having a party a great night, and know that the people that have made the effort are true friends , best get back to it have still got to make a cake a change my front garden into a grave yard

Happy Halloween everyone :maleficen

Well, I do hope you have a lovely .... er, ghastly party in spite of these "friends".

Don't let them spoil it for you. Have a great time and just think what they're missing out on. Maybe next time you'll just 'forget' to invite them. :rolleyes1

Have a great party.:cheer2: :cheer2:

:hug: So sorry to hear that your friends have let you down. I hope you have a fantastic time without them :thumbsup2

:sad2: Such a shame they can't make your party. I hope you all still have a great time though :) Oh, and don't forget to get plenty pictures, post them on Facebook and then let your friends see what fun they've all missed! :laughing:

I can't believe they just emailed. the least they could have done was phone and actually speak to you :mad:

Hope you have a brilliant party. :hmghost: party:

so sorry your friends have let you down, hope you have a fantastic party :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter