Need a little help with a project...

NHMickey

<font color=red>I'm A Disneyana Collector!<font co
I was working on the garde today and was redoing some and remodeling others.. Well I took down a bunch of rocks and a step that held plants here and redid the layering. What I need help with is I want to put a climbing style plant to cove the green gate I put in the back of the wall. What would you sugest? I was going to do morning glorys but I want something that is full body and spreads out and grows quickly... And yes I have a plant that sits in the watering can.. It's still inside growing... Any thoughts would be great... Thanks. :)

garden55.jpg

garden555.jpg

How about some Ivy. That would look pretty on that gate. I have no idea if it would grow up there though.

NHMickey one of my favorite climbers is Wisteria, thought it only flowers in the spring.

Another great climber is Clematis. Trumpet vine would add a splash of orange and it's nector is lover by Hummingbirds. Honeysuckle is another that is loved by birds and has a wonderful smell.

Or as Snuggles suggested an Ivy there are lots of different kinds, some great looking variegated Ivies out there.

You could always put in Morning Glories they fill in quickly. Nasturtiums are another great annual.

Nat --

First of all , this is a beautiful little oasis! Well done ...

I think some kind of varigated green/white ivy would look best. The colors are soft and would complement the restful ambience that (I think -- ?) you're trying to create. Ivies grow fast and are pretty hardy, too.

Good luck -- post another picture after you've planted something!

:bounce:

Have you thought of putting plants or maybe tall grasses on either side of the gate? I kind-of like seeing the gate! You did a great job with this area!!!

you could try an evergreen clematis - looks nice through the winter and gets lots a white fragrant flowers in the spring. Ours is blooming right now...they grow fairly fast but need to be planted in good soil mix with compost.

-LA

Thanks everyone... I think I got an idea... I will post a picture in a few weeks as it takes hold...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter