Need A Little Help Please?

usnuzuloose

Loosing Boo Boo
What are the benefits of staying offsite? How did you get back and forth to the parks everyday? It is just me and my DH and no kids.

Would it cost me more by the time that I may have to rent a car, buy my tickets and meals seperatly?

We would have a condo for a small price. I am trying to explore our options right now. We are looking into going the first week of Oct 2013. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. If this is not in the right place, Mods feel free to move it.

We usually will rent a minivan and if you check prices all the time, you will finda good deal. Last year we paid a little under $200 for a minivan for 8 days. We try to eat a little as possible at the parks. We will do a big breakfast before we leave and have something ready for dinner which I repared the night before or leave a crock pot on while we are gone. Don't forget also to factor in gas and parking fee when you are comparing both options. We really liked staying at Bonnet Creek last year as we had more space as a family and were about tired of being all together in the same room for 6 nights but if it was just dh and I, I think we would stay on property especially if we could get free dining in the mix.

Would it cost me more by the time that I may have to rent a car, buy my tickets and meals seperatly?
It depends on what you are comparing it to.

Tickets cost more or less the same no matter who you get them from---and a few dollars less if you buy from an authorized broker rather than from Disney directly.

As for dining, my experience is that most people, left entirely to their own devices, will tend to spend about the same as, or often less than, the appropriate dining plan would cost. For example, most people don't quite hit one TS meal per day, often won't get dessert at both lunch and dinner, and/or will mix in some less expensive TS meals over the course of their trip.

So, that leaves just the cost of Disney lodging compared to something offsite, plus the rental car, plus theme park parking. A single Value room is usually a little less expensive than those costs at most of the offsite condos, but the condos are VASTLY more comfortable---separate sleeping spaces for kids/adults, kitchen to cut down on breakfast costs as you get ready for the day, and a washer/dryer so you can pack more lightly. A single Moderate room is usually *more* expensive than the condo+car+parking.

Thank you everyone, it gives me a few things to think about. I am now researching rental cars, and food costs and the rest of the things involved.

Check out www.mousesavers.com for rental car codes. We go during peak season, and we always get a minivan for $300 or less including taxes and fees. You might be able to get a smaller car for a lot less.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter