Need 1 more ADR...please help choose!

lupp2217

Loving Disney
Hi. We(me, DH, DD9, DD5) are going to be at Disney in late June for 7 nights. We have the dining plan and I need 1 more ADR.:eek: We will be at Magic Kingdom in the morning and at our pool for the afternoon. Without Hopper we need an ADR in MK, Boardwalk(I prefer), or DTD. We already have an ADR at Planet Hollywood and Chef Mickey's. Anyone have any suggestions?:worship:

Our other ADRs are:
50's PrimeTime
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon(thinking about changing this 1 too)
Ohana(Breakfast)

Thanks!

Hi. We(me, DH, DD9, DD5) are going to be at Disney in late June for 7 nights. We have the dining plan and I need 1 more ADR.:eek: We will be at Magic Kingdom in the morning and at our pool for the afternoon. Without Hopper we need an ADR in MK, Boardwalk(I prefer), or DTD. We already have an ADR at Planet Hollywood and Chef Mickey's. Anyone have any suggestions?:worship:

Our other ADRs are:
50's PrimeTime
Coral Reef
Whispering Canyon(thinking about changing this 1 too)
Ohana(Breakfast)

Thanks!

What kind of food do you like? We LOVE The Plaza at the MK -- simple fare and a change of pace from all the heavy meals we eat during the week. I can't suggest anything on the Boardwalk as we've really not eaten there (unless you want to take the boat from the Boardwalk to the Beach Club and eat at Cape May Cafe. As for DTD, we haven't eaten at any other place than Fulton's and that is not on the dining plan. However, a lot of people rave about Wolfgang's and Earl's. We enjoyed Prime Time and are going back to Coral Reef this year for the first time in ten years; we did not care for Whispering Canyon at all.

Have you considered having dinner at one of the restaurants near MK? You could go straight from your hotel to dinner then catch the MK for the rest of the evening?

For DTD I would recommend Wolfgang Puck Cafe. For Boardwalk area, you could catch the Cape May Cafe Clam Bake at the Beach Club, or Ohana dinner at the Poly, Park Fare dinner at Grand Floridian, or Chef Mickey's at the Contemporary...

At MK we love the Crystal Palace for the dinner buffet. If you want something lighter the Plaza is great, too !

Crystal Palace was my first thought! Yum!

Kouzzina is my absolute favorite restaurant in the Epcot resort area. It's located on the BoardWalk, which I saw you preferred, and the food is wonderful. I admit the reviews on this board have been lackluster, but it is a fantastic option for people who enjoy Greek and Mediterranean cuisine.

There is a kids' menu with basic fare like grilled chicken and pizza.

Good luck, and have fun!

I agree with the votes for Crystal Palace. Their dinner is very good. And the characters are fun, too :)

Love Crystal Palace, really good buffet. I saw you have Ohana fro BF but our favorite family dinner is Ohana, and it's easy to get there from MK. 1900 PF is also a good buffet with great characters. Lots of good choices

What about Kona? You can just take the monorail around to Poly then back around and take a bus back to the resort. We LOVE Kona, and our DDs love the Kona Kone for dessert (big ice cream coke with toppings and cotton candy).

We love Crystal Palace as well! That would get my vote. BTW, we ate at Whispering Canyon during our last trip. I thought the food was really good and the atmosphere was so fun....I think you should keep that one :thumbsup2

I really want to try Kona Cafe, so that would be my second choice.

What kind of food do you like? We LOVE The Plaza at the MK -- simple fare and a change of pace from all the heavy meals we eat during the week. I can't suggest anything on the Boardwalk as we've really not eaten there (unless you want to take the boat from the Boardwalk to the Beach Club and eat at Cape May Cafe. As for DTD, we haven't eaten at any other place than Fulton's and that is not on the dining plan. However, a lot of people rave about Wolfgang's and Earl's. We enjoyed Prime Time and are going back to Coral Reef this year for the first time in ten years; we did not care for Whispering Canyon at all.

I agree w/ the Plaza. The banana split for desert is to die for. Worth the trip! I just got a burger for dinner but it was awesome 2. I left super stuffed even though it's not a buffet. But who can do buffets everyday?

I also love The Plaza in MK! You could also try T-Rex in DTD....we loved it so much in 2009 I just rearranged our 2010 schedule so we could go again!

What about Kona? You can just take the monorail around to Poly then back around and take a bus back to the resort. We LOVE Kona, and our DDs love the Kona Kone for dessert (big ice cream coke with toppings and cotton candy).

THat would be my suggestion also.:lovestruc

Thank you for all the fabulous suggestions. I booked Crystal Palace for lunch. Is it good too? Does anyone know what time lunch starts there? Our reservation is for 11:40. We did dinner last time so I was hoping to try something different.:confused: May try The Plaza. Does anyone also know if T-Rex accepts coupons for Rainforest? I have a $.99 kid's meals coupon for Rainforest.:confused3

Thanks again!:goodvibes

I concur- Crystal Palace is the best bet if you want to stay in MK. But for the ages of your daughters- they may enjoy 1900 PF.
We ate at WCC- if you enjoy meat (ribs, chicken, etc) then the skillet is pretty good. But I was the one who went on a limb and ordered the pasta...umm, let's just say it was not one of my favorite meals.:sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter