Nebulizer question

I think for Asthmatics, to carry a neb machine is worth it; but I was replying to the OP who has used it due to a croup flare. Different than Asthma and occurs for different reasons.... "Your Seasonal Croupy" kid is different than a child with asthma or the children with chronic RSV.....;)

Check with your medical insurer. You may be able to get a prescription filled at any pharmacy and then send the claim in to you MEDICAL plan. Most prescription plans do not cover the machine because it is not medication but most medical plans will reimburse for what would be considered medical equipment.

It is such a pain to carry but so reasurring to have..We brought ours with us last year for DS/3. He ended up needing it about half way through the trip, and they dont call his "asthma", they call it something else. He has had issues with his lungs all his life because he was born at 30 wks. All I know is, we dont leave home without it! Have a great trip!

I will be taking my DD's. She is 3 1/2 but all ready diagnosed with Asthma. She does well during the summer, but needs treatment from fall till spring. We are planning a Jan cruise, so she will need her daily Pulmicort treatment. Plus her allergy meds. And I always have alb, just in case she is actually wheezing or coughing (like now :( )

How do you get a travel neb? I just have the one they gave us at urgent care when she was 11 months old. Does Ins cover it? I know her Dr would write me an RX to cover it. She is good about helping out.

Sounds like a day in the life of DS/3..Even down to daily pulicort treatments during cooler months! It seems like he can start to wheeze just stepping outside in the winter! But I have to say, his doctor wont label his as "asthma" because they say they cant call it that since he is still young. WHATEVER they call it, it just seems like asthma to me! lol

Take it! I take it everywhere and the one timeI didn't take it, which was on our last cruise, our boy woke with the croup. The care center was very nice and helpful, but i would have been better served having my own nebie and doing our routine myself.

We were just discussing whether or not we wanted to bring my son's nebulizer. He's 8 and has reactive airway disease - hasn't needed the neb in months but we stayed in a hotel last night and he needed it today. Hotel air always does him in. This thread was very helpful - I think I'll ask the doctor if he would give him an inhaler for the trip. Otherwise I think I'm buying the travel nebulizer. Ours is very heavy.
(I knew I'd find good information on these boards. . .)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter