Nearest Aldi and Whole Foods to WDW?

kkandaj

No longer a lurker
We will be staying at Wyndham Bonnet Creek and will be making several meals--it's just easier with DS's food allergies. Arriving our first day, we would like to hit up an Aldi and see if there is a Whole Foods/Trader Joe's nearby for his specialty foods. We can purchase some of the brands (Daiya, So Delicious coconut) at regular grocery stores here, but definitely not Walmart or Target.

I will be shipping some staples down, but any of his cheese/yogurt/milk will have to be purchased down there. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

There is a Whole Foods at the intersection of Sand Lake Road and Turkey Lake; so from the airport, if you get off at Sand Lake Rd and it's right there! Super easy to find on the way from the airport to disney property!

Whole Foods is on Sand lake rd and Turkey lake rd, about 10 minutes from Downtown Disney.You could take I-4 east towards Orlando,get off at Sand lake, turn left under the I-4 overpass and you'll see it on your left,or if you want to avoid I-4 you could turn left on Apopka vineland rd (535) from Hotel Plaza blvd coming from DTD,get on the right lane and turn right on Palm Pkway,just go straight and this street will become Turkey lake rd,go straight and at the Sand Lk rd intersection you'll see the shopping center with the Whole Foods on your right.Another way is to instead of turning right on Palm Pkwy just go straight on Apopka Vineland for about 5 minutes then turn right on Sand lake rd,go straight through the Restaurant Row area which also has a Publix supermarket and you'll come upon Turkey lake rd on your right.

I'm a little less familiar with Aldis as I've only been in one once,it seems the closest one to Disney would be on sand lake by the Florida mall area,from I'4 instead of turning left turn right and go straight,from the other directions go straight on Sand lake rd under the I-4 overpass past Whole foods,it'll be about a 10 minute drive from Whole Foods,so Whole Foods would be about 10 minutes away and Aldis about 20.

We are at WBC now, we also went to Wholefoods. It's stupid expensive.

Publix is about 4 miles away, is pretty good, better than Walmart/Target anyway.

The front desk has a sheet with supermarkets and directions you can use.

Thank you thelawnet. We don't have Publix in Missouri, so I have no idea if they would have the specialty items I would need. Do they have a health food section?

I know Whole Foods has these products at every Whole Foods, even though we pay an arm and a leg for his food. When your little one can't eat egg, soy, dairy or nuts--you will pay whatever you have to. Anything to avoid the epi pen.:rotfl:

The Winn-Dixie on Apopka-Vineland (I think that's the street name) has a good selection of items. My daughter is on Feingold and we are always able to stock up there. I like the Winn-Dixie better than the Publix.

We are going back in January. If there is anything specific you'd like me to see if they have I would be happy to. My girl is on the autism spectrum and when she shops with me she likes to go down every aisle and she can find anything so it truly would not be a problem for us to scope it out for you.

Oh jreed1920, that would be fabulous!!!

The items that I would need are Daiya cheese and So Delicious Coconut Milk and yogurt. Those are the only cold items that I am concerned about. Most of his other foods we can pack or ship.

How far away is the Winn-Dixie? I have never stayed at WBC so don't know my way around there, but we are pretty good with a GPS.:rotfl:

If we can find those foods there, we could just make one stop. The specifics I need from Aldi can be shipped in advance.

Thank you again!

The Winn Dixie would be the closest option as it's located about a 5 minute drive from DTD.Take Buena Vista dr which merges with Hotel Plaza blvd.When you get to Apopka Vineland (535) turn left and you will see the Winn Dixie on the right side of the street.

This Publix is a very fast and traffic free drive from bonnet Creek.

Xentury City Center (Store #00570)
2925 International Dr
Kissimmee, FL 34746-4407
Main: (407) 397-1171
Fax: (407) 396-2824
Liquor Store: (407) 390-1362
http://store.publix.com/publix/cgi/selection?mapid=US&lang=en&design=default&region_name=&region=&place=34746&x=39&y=17&mapx=&mapy=

You can call and ask if they carry the items you need. Publix is a million percent nicer than Winn Dixie. Also I would avoid going to any store that you have to drive down Hotel Blvd. There is a stop light every few feet and it can take a VERY long time to get a short distance.

I will definitely check for these items for you when you are there. Looks like Doom1001 gave the right directions to get to the Winn-Dixie I was talking about. I've never been to WBC so that was helpful.

I would really strongly recommend Publix over Winn-Dixie. Publix have a much bigger selection of organic vegetables and 'nice' food generally. It's very close to WBC still. Winn-Dixie is more of a discount chain.

Overall Publix supermarkets will always be better than Winn Dixie but the truth is that there are some Winn Dixie stores that are on par or even nicer than many Publix stores,then you got others that are old and dumpy looking which is why Publix is better,they're more consistent.One thing I just heard is that Winn Dixie was just recently purchased by Bi-Lo supermarket from South Carolina,supposedly Winn Dixies will keep the Winn Dixie name and not too many changes are expected like there won't be any stores closing.Anybody familiar with Bi-Lo as I've never heard of them.

Overall Publix supermarkets will always be better than Winn Dixie but the truth is that there are some Winn Dixie stores that are on par or even nicer than many Publix stores,then you got others that are old and dumpy looking which is why Publix is better,they're more consistent.One thing I just heard is that Winn Dixie was just recently purchased by Bi-Lo supermarket from South Carolina,supposedly Winn Dixies will keep the Winn Dixie name and not too many changes are expected like there won't be any stores closing.Anybody familiar with Bi-Lo as I've never heard of them.

Bi-Lo, nicer than a Food Lion(maybe) not even in the same category as a Publix or Kroger. (in my experience)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter