Navigator Veranda or Other?

Joe & Joanne

<a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.
Hi
Would like to book a cruise for 2003. Would anyone have any suggestions on the difference between a Cat 7 Navigator Veranda Vs. a Cat 6 Deluxe? How about suggestions for room location? Anyone have specific preferences? Would it be necessary to join CC or other "Club" to get additional discounts?Would like to book two cabins but do not need to have adjoining rooms. Any suggestions on how to lower the cost as indicated on the DCL site? Any preference on the month of April vs May? Eastern Itinerary. Thank you

Whew lots of questions--you have come to the right place. On my 1st cruise we were in a cat9 with the big porthole it was an awsome room. Cruise 2 we were spoiled by a handicap assessible room 6154 -last room on back of ship verandah was 1/2 the back of the ship. After that it has been hard to book a non verandah room, as I have done it twice but ended up before the sailing paying the difference to get verandah. Our 3rd sailing we were cat 6 mid ship don't remember the # it was a great location, 4th sailing we booked cat 7. I was a little concerned that it would not be as nice as the 6 but worried for nothing. I almost actually liked it better. I can't specifically say why, maybe it was just that it was a little cheaper than a 6 but still had an open area to outside. While midship locations are very convienant they also get much more traffic -noise in the hallways of others walking by, and the elevators are always busy / full / impossible to use so you end up taking the stairs more or walking forward or aft.
You won't be able to join CC club until you have sailed your 1st time then you would automatically be in it. Being a CC member means that you get invited to a private pre dinner cocktail party and get to meet the captain. You may also qualify for a small credit if you rebook and sail within a certain amount of time but it has been rumored on this board that DCL may discontinue that. You also get a small gift in the room like a picture frame or tote bag (on your 2nd sailing)
On our 2nd cruise when we went with a group of 6 we booked 3 cat 6's ---if we had been smart we could have booked only 1 and 2 cat 11's or 12's across the hall. It would have saved bundles.... but everyone got to enjoy the verandah so looking back I am not sorry we did what we did ....if it ever comes up again for us we will do it the cheaper way (we will be the ones in the verandah!! :) !!
As far as your months... I have only sailed Sept,June,Sept,Oct. June was good time but so were the others. Not much help am I :).
Hopefully this will give you some help/ideas. I want to go again, we had 8/31/02 boked for the 7day Western but just had to cancel a few weeks ago due to some unexpected $$$$$$ car repairs. Dreaming of the day when it will be my turn again! Have fun on your cruise when you go.

I have photos of both types of verandahs on my website at www.castawayclub.com
The opening on the Wonder Navs. is a little larger than on the Magic. We have been in a Nav. once and really liked it. It's cozy and located aft, which is my favorite part of the ship.
Of course, the regular verandah staterooms are wonderful too! I tend to prefer being as far aft as possible and as close to the water as possible, so 5650 is my favorite stateroom. But it has a solid metal railing, as do all the "regular" verandah rooms that the past the Navs. Some people prefer the plexiglass verandahs, which are the majority of the verandah rooms. You can see the difference in my website photos. I just like being aft because it is very quiet and peaceful back there.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

Hi Folks

Thank you so much for the response. Barb & Tony great site. Did you notice any more noise Aft other than the engines? Just how loud are they? I can check this out on our upcoming cruise. Think it will be a toss up between Deck 6 amidship vs Deck 7 aft if available?

HappyGilmore: That was quite an answer, thank you, thank you, thank you! I will "cruise" the ship prior to making the choice if DCL will let me? :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter