• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

jldeahl

Mouseketeer
Help needed navigating the TTC!

Our family is planning to rope drop MK from the Swan Reserve in a couple of weeks and I just learned the Disney bus from the Swan will be dropping us at the TTC, not the park. I've never been to the TTC before and don't know how much time to bank in for this unexpected detour or what to do when we get there.

We want to be at the park by 8AM ahead of Early Entry. When should we leave Swan Reserve? And what do we do once we get to the TTC? I have no idea how to navigate it! We're a big group (8 people - two families, including little kids and an infant) so I'd like to have everything streamlined and planned out ahead of time.

Thanks in advance!

From TTC you'll follow the crowd to the ferry or the MK monorail. There are signs. Plenty of signs.
You also have the option of walking to YC and grabbing one of their buses which go to the MK bus depot.
Should we be taking the resort monorail or the express? I've heard reports that the resort monorail is faster, but that seems counter intuitive...

The buses from the Swan and Dolphin and Swan Reserve are operated by Mears, which is why they have to drop you at the TTC. The ferry is to the left, the monorails are in the center, and the buses (if they are running, which they often do at or near rope drop) are on the right. Coming in from where the Swan and Dolphin buses drop you off, the buses will be the first thing you encounter, followed by the EPCOT monorail, the Express monorail, the Resort monorail, and the ferry.

The buses from the Swan and Dolphin and Swan Reserve are operated by Mears, which is why they have to drop you at the TTC. The ferry is to the left, the monorails are in the center, and the buses (if they are running, which they often do at or near rope drop) are on the right. Coming in from where the Swan and Dolphin buses drop you off, the buses will be the first thing you encounter, followed by the EPCOT monorail, the Express monorail, the Resort monorail, and the ferry.
Am I right that we should take the MK bus if it’s available, and if not, the express monorail?

The bus from the TTC Was our fastest option last summer because the monorail lines and ferry were long. It all depends on what you find when you show up there.

I like the idea that someone else posted regarding walking over to a Disney resort and using one of their buses.

Beach Club/Yacht Club, and Boardwalk are all just a few minute walk from Swan. Frankly, I'd just walk to one of those instead of a bus to the TTC.

Don't worry about navigating the TTC tho, it's easy. It might be fun to take the boat or monorail, too! If you are truly early, there probably won't be a ton of ppl there. I'd strongly emphasize the word early no matter what you chose. Just be realistic that you might have to wait to get on a bus, or a boat or a monorail if they are full. Again, "early" can be your friend. Lots of ppl plan to be early and life gets in the way, OR, they don't think that 1000 of their closest friends are also planning on leaving to go to a park at 7:30 for an 8am arrival, since nobody else goes to WDW, right? I'm an early arrival guy if you hadn't yet guessed. We're all early risers, so it's not a big deal for us.

And remember, if you'd like to take a bus back from MK, those Epcot area buses can be your friend as well. Those resorts are all connected to each other by walking paths. If the lines are long to get back, you might want to scan the lines for the other buses.

The MK bus switch isn't TOO big of a deal - tho it does kinda stink - but it does make for some choices to be made.

The bus from the TTC Was our fastest option last summer because the monorail lines and ferry were long. It all depends on what you find when you show up there.

I like the idea that someone else posted regarding walking over to a Disney resort and using one of their buses.
This the way to go IMHO. Just walk over to the Yacht Club or the Boardwalk and take bus. Easy and probably fastest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter