Nativeway Water Sports vs. Capt. Marvins

4Fosters

Earning My Ears
We will be going on our first cruise (Western Caribbean) at the end of October and are debating between Captain Marvins and Nativeway Water Sports in the Grand Caymans. Captain Marvins has great reviews and I think my DH, DS (11) and myself would really enjoy it but I dont know if my DS (7) would enjoy the snorkeling. Nativeway Watersports has an excursion that goes to Stingray Sandbar, Barrier Reef and Rum Point Beach. My thoughts were we could give up one snorkeling spot for the beach which my youngest DS would probably like better. I didnt find any recent reviews on them. Has anyone been on this excursion recently?
TIA!
Krystal

We chose Nativeway for our first cruise, and I don't regret it at all. They were great! Stingray City was incredible, and Rum Point was beautiful. The lunch served was pretty darned good!

I found Nativeway to be very responsive to my emails, which made me feel more secure about booking with them. I really, really recommend them!

I've done Captain Marvin's twice--once island tour, once snorkeling. They are great. You will have the option of returning to the ship after your excursion or being dropped at a beach (7 mile or Sea Grape). If you wanted to do a beach, you'd be saving the transportation cost one way.

Transportation back to the ship can be by cab or by "beach bus." The bus is cheaper, and runs about every 20 minutes. The cab will leave when YOU are ready.

We used Nativeways also, and had a good experience. We didn't have the best weather that day (understatement) and they gave us the option of skipping Rum Point and going directly back to the port or toughing out the cold rain and continuing on. We went on to lunch and it was pretty good. I am sure the beach would have been beautiful it we weren't there experiencing such bad weather. In any case, the people with the company were very nice and accommodating. I was glad that I chose them.

We will be going on our first cruise (Western Caribbean) at the end of October and are debating between Captain Marvins and Nativeway Water Sports in the Grand Caymans. Captain Marvins has great reviews and I think my DH, DS (11) and myself would really enjoy it but I dont know if my DS (7) would enjoy the snorkeling. Nativeway Watersports has an excursion that goes to Stingray Sandbar, Barrier Reef and Rum Point Beach. My thoughts were we could give up one snorkeling spot for the beach which my youngest DS would probably like better. I didnt find any recent reviews on them. Has anyone been on this excursion recently?
TIA!
Krystal

I'm not sure if I understand your post so if I don't get this right....oooops and sorry! We just got back from the Nativeways tour and it was the highlight of our entire trip. Our son just turned 8 yrs old and this was his first snorkeling experience and it wasn't so great - probably because the waters are usually choppy at the reef. (He did much better at Chankanaab in Cozumel :)). I didn't think there was too much to see myself. However, he enjoyed the stingrays and Rum Point. The lunch was yummy and plentiful. We wish we could have spent the entire day at Rum Point - it was breathtaking and not crowded - just what we were looking for. The plus and minus of going with Nativeways is that they limit the tour to 25 people so you aren't on a cattle boat of cruise passengers (which I did see while we were there ;)) but because of this, the excursion is not "private" meaning just for you and your group so you can't eliminate a stop. Your son could stay on the boat during the snorkel stop though as you really aren't there that long and there are others who remain with the boat. Just a suggestion.

Kathy

Sorry for not being clear enough I just meant that the Capt Marvins excursion we would book would have two snorkeling stops so if we went with Nativeway we would be trading one snorkeling stop for a beach stop. It sounds like Nativeway is probably going to be the excursion we pick as it will give my DH & older DS snorkeling time and my younger DS beach time. I am curious to know if you remember what kind of food they serve for lunch?
I think we have decided to do Chankanaab in Cozumel as well! Did you not like snorkeling there or Chankanaab in general?
Thanks for your help :)

We have used Nativeway at least four times (maybe more!), and I can NOT say enough great things about them! The excursion is wonderful, and the staff is fantastic! They are so accomodating! Sharon, the sales manager?, has even stopped at the Tortuga Rum Cake Factory for us, and is always extremely helpful!

The maximum number of other passengers we've had on the Rays, Reef, Rum Point excursion with us, was our group of 6 and 3 others. During the last trip 9/09, there were three of us, and we had a double-decker boat all to ourselves! It was awesome! :thumbsup2 On almost every trip that we are at Stingray City, we look at the other excursion boats and they are PACKED!! I hate it for them, but love it for us!

They always have a photographer on board too, to purchase a cd of the photos they take. Of course, we buy it every time.

On different trips, they have stopped to get starfish, for the kids to hold, when the kids were excitedly seeing them in the water. Above and beyond the normal excursion...and we so appreciate them! Sorry to keep rambling, I just truly can't say enough! ;) I'm sure there are other excursions we would love, but guess where we are going back to in November...yep, another visit with the Nativeway crew on the RRR excursion! :cloud9: It's always our favorite day of the trip! :love:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter