National's rates are high for a 2-day rental!

NancyIL

DIS Veteran
I had a change of plans, and needed to rebook a 2-day rental for a Wednesday-Friday in July. The lowest rate on a compact was $52.99 per day! I'll save 20% with DC discount, but that's still $104 total for 2 days!

I then went to Dollar and reserved a compact for $25.99/day - using the KISS code. I figure with tax it will still be about $40 less than with National! So - National won't get my business this trip unless their rates go down considerably!

Sometimes they want you to book a car for 3 days or more. They tend to be a little higher for shorter stays because they assume you are travelling on business.

That being said, why not try booking it for 3 days w/ entertainment coupon for 1 free day and you may get a cheaper base rate and still be paying for only 2 days.

Hope this helps!:D

I just had an idea!!!!!!!!!!!!:bounce:

Go onto national's site and click on the $199 special that is at the side bar. Once you get to that promo screen, click on the second promo 15% off internet special. Book your car from there AND add in the entertainment coupon for 1 free day too!

Let us know how that works!:jester:

Thanks for the ideas! If I were arriving on a Thursday afternoon instead of a Wednesday night - it would qualify as a weekend rental. But alas - I'm too early!

I don't mind picking up at Dollar at the airport and dropping off at the Courtyard. It's just that the National dropoff at the Dolphin would've been very convenient - because that's where I'm staying.

Nancy,

I don't understand? I am keeping the car for 2 weeks and they accepted the coupon / discount even though it says w/e rental. I called national and they said yes, they would still honor it.

Pixie Dust Gal - I have an entertainment coupon for a free rental day, but I'm not staying over a Saturday night, and the National web site won't let me use the coupon. Two days with Dollar is still less expensive that two paid days with National. I'll keep checking National's site - just in case the daily rates go down A LOT!!!

I have always found the rates drop closer to your arrival date!

Keep checking NancyIL! Good Luck!:D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter