National, National, National!!!!Awesome/ Thanks everyone

dvdmeadows

Earning My Ears
We arrived at the Emerald Isle on Tuesday December
19 at 11:30 am. Thanks to Gayle's advice we
booked a full size at the same price of the standard. The isle was pretty bare. It had
a few compact cars and a couple of standard cars.
There was one full size car and we jumped for it,
when my kids complained of the smoke smell in it.
Although they did say it had been freshened with Febreeze. About that time an attendant walked by
and we told him the situation. He took us over to
the full size isle and there was nothing. He then
told us to take our pick of SUV's. We choose a 2001 GMC Jimmy with 4000 miles on it. My husband was so amazed at the process and when we had started to load our stuff in it he said are you sure we can do this. We haven't even got the keys yet. Much to his suprise when I started up the vehicle and we were on our way. It was wonderful.......All for 7 days at $116.00. No suprises just wonderful service :) :)

Glad it worked so well for you!!!
Stories like this make me smile. :)

Gail

Offsite - 88
CBR - 89 & 90
PO - 91
OKW-92,OKW-93,OKW-96, OKW-97 2X'S,OKW-98 2X's
OKW-99 2X'S,OKW-00 2X's
Jamaica-SandalsInn 98&00

Last trip we had a ressie for an economy car so we had to go to the counter. Still was a smooth transaction that didn't take very long. No economy cars available so we got a one-class upgrade to a Cavalier.

The return process was amazing. We pulled up, got out of the car, and a woman walked up with a hand-held computer. Before I even had one bag out of the trunk she said "here's your receipt sir." I couldn't believe it! I said "That's it? You mean we're all done?" She said "yes." Now that's service!

I booked an economy car with them again for our upcoming trip (1/20-1/27). I really wanted to use the aisle service and we decided we needed a bigger car anyway, so I called yesterday to see how much it would be to upgrade to an intermediate and aisle service. The total (for one week rental, all taxes and fees) was $125.25. I still can't believe it's almost the same price as the economy car I had reserved. Now I have aisle service too!

What are you putting in for codes to get that price? I am trying to reserve EA service the week of 3/16 - 3/23 and am getting a full size for about $200. I have tried the Entertainment coupon,and I am a DC member. Any help would be appreciated.

you got a real deal stinky...

if one tried to do the same now it wud be..

Car Class: Intermediate 2/4 Door Car Auto A/C

Pick-up Location:
Orlando Intl Arpt
Pick-up Time: 20-JANUARY-2001 09:00 AM

Return Location:
Orlando Intl Arpt
Return Time: 27-JANUARY-2001 09:00 AM

Rates - Time & Distance USD
Time & Distance 1 Week @ 186.64 186.64
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Day @ 26.67 0.00
Extra - Time & Distance 0 Hour @ 13.33 0.00
Unlimited Distance-time & Distance 0 Distance @ 0.00 0.00

Base Rate ___________

Less Discounts:
Discount -18.66

SubTotal ___________

Add Surcharges & Taxes: (subject to change)
Concession Fee Recov Chrg 9.8 Pct 16.46
Fla License Fee .40 Usd/day 2.80
Fl Schrg/tire&bat Fee 2.05 Usd/dy 14.35
State Tax (6.0%) 12.10

Total Estimate ___________

I'm with you Dvdmeadows - the Emerald Aisle is great. Thanks to help from Gail Hayden and LawGS we got our EA card, corrected our EA card, reserved at a reasonable rate, and had the smoothest pick-up and drop-off imaginable. We'll be going National next time too!

CindyAnn

Well, I must have just been lucky. I just decided to call the number on the back of my card and asked about upgrading the reservation. Rental car rates can change daily (and even hourly) based on what they anticipate the demand to be. It can go up and down multiple times between the time you reserve and actually rent, so your best bet is to reserve then keep checking rates. You can always cancel the reservation if you find something better elsewhere.

I always use the codes Gail Hayden has posted before. You might want to do a search as I don't recall them off the top of my head. I know one of them is "NCRWEB" and the other is a number. If you post a new topic maybe Gail will respond and post the codes again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!