Nassua shore excursions

Carolwoodpr

Disney Dreamer
Do we have to pick a shore excursion or are we free to walk around and explore on our own?

You don't HAVE to do anything. But you will probably decide you don't like Nassau if all you do is walk around. Its kinda eh. Otherwise there are beautiful places to see as tours. Unless you are doing an animal encounter at Blue Lagoon, (which I completely recommend) you don't have to book a tour thru Disney. For instance, we bought a beautiful catamaran snorkel off of price line for $56. It had you back by lunch time and we saw tons of fish and had a great day!

Junkanoo beach isn't far either, within walk of the port. Be prepared for high pressure sales at straw market but I love it anyway! I'll be going back.

Most people find if all they do is walk around, they wish they'd had just stayed on the boat instead. My suggestion is to have a researched plan where to go and don't wave a lot of cash around either and keep an eye on your surroundings (like any city). On the other hand, if you want to see some of the amazing reefs and sights, I would book something. You don't have to book anything on Castaway because so much is already included. But Nassau is NOT like CC. It's kinda like a somewhat economically depressed city. That's why we spend a few bucks in Nassau since CC is already pretty much included.

Whatever you do, be safe and have a great time.

We did the Glass Bottom boat and feed the fish excursion tour. It was about 90 mins and it was ok. You got a free punch or juice drink. It takes you out to the to an area of fish and then you feed or watch and then they take you a little tour to see some houses and then back.:)

We returned and then just walked around looking at some of the old church interiors and then had an expensive coffee and returned to the ship.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter