• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Nassau Straw Market

Can you buy a pocketbook or bag and they will put your name on it? Does anyone know what they cost? What are some of the local crafts they have at the market?

How about Coach bags?? I heard the have knock-offs in the Straw Market..anyone seen them??
There are several stores downtown that sell knock off coach bags very inexpensively.

Also there are places that make the straw purses all over. There is one place in the main center you have to walk through to get to the city. You can bargain with the prices. I believe I saw the larger straw bags for $20.00.

Lots of straw things that can have your name sewn on, on the spot. And, lots of knock off bags. Just keep in mind that these can be confiscated if your bags are checked by customs at any point during your trip. Being from Canada, I avoid buying stuff like this 'cause we have so many checkpoints during the voyage. I don't think you can get in any trouble for one piece but you don't want to lose the money you just spent.

My daughter got a small doll from the straw market. The lady said it was made by her grandmother. Being skeptical, I don't know if that is really true, but my daughter loves it and it was only 12 dollars.

There are places for both. Also you can negotiate too. I got my mom a piglet purse and it was personalized for 10.00 and they had knock off bads that I had down to 20.00 at one place but they didn't have the one I wanted

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter