Narcoosee’s or Boathouse right now?

morganms22

Mouseketeer
I have been to both pre-covid. So, I’m looking to see who has been to Narcoosee’s and/or Boathouse since re-opening?...How was it and which would you recommend right now? My husband and I have a reservation at both this Sunday and I need to drop one.

Haven't been to Narcoossee's since reopening, but I did go to the Boathouse in July and thought it was excellent. The food was very, very good and the service was stellar. That said, I had a very late reservation (9:15), so the restaurant was pretty empty.

I’ve seen multiple posts w folks who felt boathouse was not socially distancing and they were uncomfortable and/or left

raglan road is the other I keep reading

I also read several complaints about table spacing at Boathouse and Ragland Road. However, we ate at both places last week and thought the tables (at least in the areas where we were seated) in both restaurants were appropriately spaced. I'd gladly go back to either.

As for the OP's question - I've never eaten at Narcoossee's, but both the food and service at Boathouse were terrific. Great restaurant - highly recommend.

We haven't been to Narcoossee since it reopened but its on our list.

We have dined at the Boathouse and had no problem with social distancing there. We also very much enjoyed our meal.

We had Boathouse booked tonight but I cancelled and got Narcoosee's instead. We did Springs this morning for Brunch at Wine Bar George (which was incredible) but it was already getting too crowded for my liking. I don't want to go to Springs at all at night at the moment, as much as I wanted to try Boathouse as it would be new to us. We have done Narcoosee pre-COVID and loved it.

Definitely go to Narcoossee. Disney springs was a disaster at dinner time when we last went. The parking, the lack of social distancing and the crowds make it not worth it to us anymore to go to Disney springs

Last edited:
I have been to both pre-covid. So, I’m looking to see who has been to Narcoosee’s and/or Boathouse since re-opening?...How was it and which would you recommend right now? My husband and I have a reservation at both this Sunday and I need to drop one.
Just ate at both of them this past week.
Went to The Boathouse on Tuesday, sat outside overlooking the lake and it was great as usual. They pretty much had a full menu. My wife and I both had Lobster Oscar (Lobster topped with jumbo lump crab and Bearnaise sauce) it was great.
Narcoossee's was on Thursday night and we had the calamari, the Surf and Turf (filet and lobster tail) with the Almond crusted cheesecake. It was another excellent meal.
Two totally different experiences, The Boathouse is much more lively of course and Nacoossee's is quiet and quaint and you can see the MK, so it really depends on your mood. I can't say Narcoosee's was romantic, as many of the people in the restaurant were pretty casual, some were in caps and t-shirts. Can't miss on either one IOO as for the food.

Or maybe things changed between their experiences and yours? Why the need for the name calling?
Highly unlikely, it's more likely just a bunch of Karen's! LOL
It's called having a sense of humor!!

Last edited:
We ate at Narcoossee's last week. As usual, the food was very good. The service was very good as well and the tables were well distanced for safety.

So great to hear, that’s our #1 restaurant in WDW, can’t wait to go back. It was closed this August the week we were supposed to go (we wound up canceling our trip anyway).

Narcoosee's was great on Saturday evening. Had the swordfish and husband special ordered twin lobster tails not on the menu. I agree that I wouldn't call it romantic, but someone did get engaged two tables away! The whole place clapped and they brought the couple champagne.

It's a small restaurant. I didn't remember it being as small from a pre-COVID visit.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter