Napa Rose Reviews wanted

PamNC

DIS Veteran
Hi everyone - Well, only 3 weeks until our Southern CA trip. Doing 2 days at Disneyland/CA Adventure. Have PS at Blue Bayou the first day, and we want one more nice sit down meal. Considering Napa Rose. Can everyone who has dined there give their honest review on the food, atmosphere and service? Want all opinions - good and bad.

thanks,

PamNC

I have been to Napa Rose with my family three times. Each time the food has been very good and the service outstanding. It is quite expensive, but has that "special occasion" feel so it seems worth it.
The staff is dignified, yet very child friendly. We usually dress up a little, but you would not be out of place if you wore your park clothes to the restaurant. The closest comparison I can think of is to one of Roy Yamaguchi's Hawaii restaurants. Upscale, but not so pretentious that they make you feel uncomfortable. They have some great desserts, my favorite being the Tahitian Vanilla Creme Brulee.
Also consider Ralph Brennan's Jazz Kitchen (Bananas Foster).

Napa Rose is excellent *****

My wife and I had a fantastic anniverary dinner there last year and will try to do it again this year.

One way to save a few bucks and still enjoy a wonderful meal is to each order an appetizer, salad & dessert. You'll probably save $15-20 per person and still be stuffed and completly in love with the place.

I had a wonderful meal there in January. We were a party of eight and we were in our park clothes. We felt a little akward walking in, but the staff was incredibly gracious and set us at ease right away. All of us had outstanding meals. It is the most money I have ever paid for a meal in my life, but it was worth every penny!

Melissa

I felt that Napa Rose was comparable to California Grill at the Contemporary.
Upscale dining, with upscale pricing. It was worth the price, IMHO. I didn't
wear theme park clothes, and the others I saw in the restaurant didn't, either.

Blue Bayou, however, seems to be a huge ripoff if you go there for dinner.
When a friend and I discussed the quality, we agreed to her suggestion
that it was like Boatwright's (Port Orleans Riverside) food at California
Grill prices.

The only time I've done Blue Bayou, it was for lunch. (I split the Monte Cristo
with someone.) If I do Blue Bayou again, it would be during lunch hours.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter