Naomi Judd

Such a very sad thing.

With all the money spent on research you'd think humans could evade what seems to me to be the most common issues, mental pain/depression and physical pain (which lead to substance abuse), and yet the needle has barely moved in my lifetime for all the above.... maybe we are doing something wrong....

I have a hold on her book about depression. I am interested in reading it. Has anyone here?

A true legend. During her CMT concert. She looked lost and not like herself. She will be greatly missed.

I thought the same!!! I looked up a video of the performance on youtube and so many people were commenting about how meaningful the performance was now and all I could think was the poor woman looked so out of it. Just not herself or like she was feeling good at all. It didn't even look like she sang anything but the chorus (which I didn't think was normally the case on that song but I wasn't sure) and, weirdly, never looked at the camera. Almost like she was trying to hide from it.

It was just sad to see.

Her poor daughters. I just saw a clip of the HOF induction with Wynonna and Ashley. They look utterly heartbroken. I don’t know how they were able to stand up there and speak. My heart goes out to them.

I couldn't bring myself to watch her induction into the Hall of Fame. So sad.

Last edited:
Such a very sad thing.

With all the money spent on research you'd think humans could evade what seems to me to be the most common issues, mental pain/depression and physical pain (which lead to substance abuse), and yet the needle has barely moved in my lifetime for all the above.... maybe we are doing something wrong....
We need to have someone to throw big, and I mean BIG, money at mental health or I’m afraid nothing will change. We have made so many strides with cancer, HIV/AIDS, etc because of billionaires giving money for research. We need that for mental health, and it just isn’t happening.

But it’s so hard because mental health is not a cut and dry take a pill or have a procedure/surgery to heal. It’s a lifetime process. So many factors.

I think we have made a baby step since I was a kid, but no where near enough to make a lasting impact.

We need to have someone to throw big, and I mean BIG, money at mental health or I’m afraid nothing will change. We have made so many strides with cancer, HIV/AIDS, etc because of billionaires giving money for research. We need that for mental health, and it just isn’t happening.

But it’s so hard because mental health is not a cut and dry take a pill or have a procedure/surgery to heal. It’s a lifetime process. So many factors.

I think we have made a baby step since I was a kid, but no where near enough to make a lasting impact.
Sadly this isn't likely to happen. Insurance companies won't provide adequate coverage. Although the stigma is still the biggest stumbling block. IMO We put bandaids on the body but neglect the mind and soul.

I agree. Mental health is such a multifaceted issue. The diagnosis of "depression" is so broad. It could be said it's the equivalent of when a person has a "fever"...there are many possible contributing factors.

I will say that I firmly believe there are both nature and nurture variables involved. Certainly mental illness can be familial. But it can be exacerbated by environment as well. By environment, I mean society or on a smaller scale, community. i.e. the pressures placed on an individual to conform. Societal norms can be impossibly attainable goals. And I believe this is universal. It is experienced by the celebrity, the athlete, the white collar professional, the blue collar professional, the stay at home spouse, the lonely retired veteran, etc, etc, etc....

I have no answers, but I will encourage everyone to find value in yourselves. You have value beyond what you do for anyone else. You have worth in this world.

I volunteer with NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness. If you or a loved one would like to learn more about education, advocacy, and support for all types of mental illness please visit NAMI.org. They offer classes, support groups, and ways to advocate for more stigma free treatment of individuals with a mental illness through legislation both locally and nationwide. We have struggled with severe mental illness in our family and found this group to be helpful.

Great Service-all the Celebrities were wonderful.
(I did think Karen Fairchild's dress was totally inappropriate ,but that's probably just me.)

Really surprised when Wynonna announced the Tour would go on as scheduled.

Since Wynonna did a Duet with Brandi Carlile at the Service,makes me wonder if Brandi could possibly be on the Tour.

The shows are sure to be very emotional for longtime Fans.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter