• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Name this ship please

need_a_Disney_fix

DIS Veteran Extraordinaire
DIS Lifetime Sponsor
DH and I were on the Eastern Magic January 21 of this year and this little ship was at the St. Maarten port. Does anyone remember the name of the ship. I was thinking it is the Opera, but I google Opera and the ship that comes up is much larger and better looking. The ship in the photo that I am curious about is much smaller than the Magic. This is one of those things that is driving me nuts cuz I can't think of it. TIA.

efee55e2.jpg

Its the Imperial Majesty. Sails out of Ft Lauderdale. web site imperialmajesty.com I think it was at one time the Olympia

I went to the website and they don't offer any cruises to St. Maarten. It looks like it, but I'm not quite sure and it doesn't ring a bell.

mmmagic7754 said:
Its the Imperial Majesty. Sails out of Ft Lauderdale. web site imperialmajesty.com I think it was at one time the Olympia
Imperial Majesty is a cruise line, not a ship. The line's only ship is the 1953-vintage MV Regal Empress, which was originally the Olympia. The ship now provides 2-night cruises from Ft. Lauderdale to Nassau.

Here's a good picture of the Imperial Majesty Cruise Line's MV Regal Empress: http://www.faktaomfartyg.com/regal_empress_1953_b_2.htm

It's not the same ship as the one in the picture posted by Laurie.

I wish I could tell you the name of the ship in Laurie's picture, but I can't. I wonder if it's actually being used as a cruise ship, or if it serves as a passenger ferry to other islands, or perhaps a charter ship?

Horace, whatever it is, its rather...shall we say...rinky dink? It sure looked and acted like a cruise ship. Oh, everything about it was 3rd class. We had rather rough seas the night before St. Maarten and I cannot imagine this ship in those seas.

Many older ships are operated by companies in Europe, Asia or elsewhere and are not marketed to North American customers. There is a discount cruise TA company with a popular on-line cruise newsletter who is an expert at identifying mystery ships, and pairing them with former names and operators, but I am not allowed by this board's operators to put that name down so if your vacations include wanting to go on that ship, you'll need to look elsewhere.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter