Name one thing - that you enjoyed most from your last cruise..

DisneYE

DIS Veteran
I know, too many to list. Many here have cruised a few times, so one can name dozens, if not hundreds of things.
I'm curious to see what others can say about one thing that stands out from the last cruise that they enjoyed.

For me:

- Having a table to ourselves for dinner.

For the previous 8 cruises it was always 3 of us cruising.
Always shared tables, and we've been so lucky in having shared it with nice, fun people, every single time.
But this last cruise (in July - 11 night) we invited my DMIL and, by sheer luck (is my guess) we were assigned a 4-top. - It was a surprise, I didn't ask for it.
And it was amazing.
We felt so much more at ease, we chatted and joked more with the servers, and they with us.
Although we respected the designated attire, aside from formal night, although we're not slobs, we didn't care what we wore.. one dinner my DD13 and I arrived straight from the aquaduck and just put a tshirt on.

One day we went on a tour by ourselves in Martinique and knew there was a risk of being late.
So that day we decided to not go for dinner and at breakfast in Cabanas we let our assistant server know we wouldn't be there. She was thankful we let her know.
If we were sitting with another family we would have felt bad for 'leaving them alone' at the table, or have to describe to them the next night what we did.

I don't mind having strangers at our table for an hour or so for dinner.
But this last experience being by ourselves felt so comfortable, almost liberating.
I will be requesting a single table for ourselves on future cruises. I know the chances are slim, but if we do get one, it's a very relaxing experience.

What's yours?

Our last cruise was the 6 night to Bermuda with two overnights in port,which was wonderful! On one of the evenings we got off the ship and had dinner at the restaurant by the pier. The food was nothing to write home about, but the view of the Magic all lit up was beautiful!D9FDAE22-D0E8-4357-BE74-73782A9AD212.jpeg

Last edited:
Our last Disney cruise was our first one on the Dream, which I booked specifically to see Beauty & The Beast. It was early on in the production and there was a glitch or two but was still my favorite Disney cruise show. ❤

Quebec put up a very nice fireworks show because it was the magic first time there.

Our 2018 Dream cruise was our very first time on DCL. I loved everything about it but probably the best thing was just hanging out with my family without the distraction that everyday life brings. Anxiously awaiting on 2nd cruise in July 2020 on the Fantasy. I’m hooked!

Our last cruise was an Eastern Caribbean. I had never really been interested in that itinerary, but there was an amazing deal that we just couldn't pass up. It was the most sea days we've ever had on a cruise (3) and we loved it! That is one of the main reasons we booked the WBTA--for 5 sea days. We will find out in 2 weeks if we love it or not!

This answer is not what you're looking for, I'm sure, but how welcome and cared for we were made to feel.

Our most recent cruise was our 3rd. The months leading up to it nearly required us to cancel...we had a job layoff, family medical stuff, the death of multiple major appliances, etc. Then nature nearly caused us to not get to FL in time. Yes we are walking advertisements for buying trip insurance! From the moment we checked in for our transfer to the port, we were in Disney's hands, and treated as such. Every crew member we encountered from the moment we checked in for that bus contributed so positively to our trip, and the weight of the world we had been carrying on our shoulders melted away pretty much instantly. And because it was our first week long cruise, rather than 4 night, it really stood out to us because we had a full week with that amazing team.

our last cruise was our first 7 night. We had done 3 four nights previously. We are forever ruined. As is my wallet. 7 days from now on. It was so nice not having to pack up on night 4, and being to explore even more of the ship and really get to know our serving team.

Our last cruise was the EBTA earlier this year, and my family lived all the sea days crossing the Atlantic. We especially loved cast member Gus who taught the animation classes and the BatB painting class. My kids loved the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique and the sleepover in the kids club.

Our last cruise was the May 2019 Member's West Coast cruise. Really enjoyed meeting @bobbiwoz and her husband. Plus 5 days of choosing from a menu (rather than figuring out 'what's for dinner').

We’ve done 13 crises with Disney and last year’s was the Southern Caribbean out of Puerto Rico. We went to Bonaire for the first time (and it was WAY better than Aruba)! Our favorite thing was snorkeling on Bonaire. We are both experienced divers and the snorkeling there rivaled diving the a Great Barrier Reef and diving in Belize! We can’t wait to go back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter