Name for a cross-cultural community project

momz

DIS Veteran
DD is heading into her senior year of high school. She is developing a community project but needs a name for it. I know there are some creative minds here on the Dis. Please share your ideas if you don't mind.

Her project is a cross-cultural exchange. We live in a urban area with a very diverse population with many people who have English as their second language. We, however are white middle class Christians with ancestors that came to America centuries ago.

She is planning for a group of students maybe 10ish from a variety of different backgrounds, religions, ethnicity, culture, etc. They will go to the elementary school to visit the social studies class. They will each have something to teach or share. It could be a phrase in their native language, a story from their home country or heritage, an ethnic food or candy, or a game that is associated with their culture, etc.

Anyway, she needs a name for this project. Any thoughts? Also, any other ideas to make this project a success are welcome.

When my youngest was in middle school they used "school name" Pandas because Pandas are black, white and Asian. Perhaps there is something along those lines your daughter can use.

I am sure that your dd will come up with something fitting.

My dd16 calls here group of friends a "Squad". Global Squad or Panda Squad is kind of cute to me

Something 'SHARE'... since they are sharing a bit of their culture.
Sharing is a very positive connotation that elementary school kids can understand and identify with.

I am trying to think of the word or phrase that would complete that name....
Has to be a good one to come to mind!

Who We Are
Sharing Selfies
Connecting our Dots
The Story of Us

A couple of years ago, I designed a humanities class for middle schoolers & high schoolers & called it "Club CONNECT".

Community Around the World
(Town name)'s Melting Pot
Expanding Horizons
Within and Beyond our Town
The World in our Backyard

"All Together"

"Dare to Share"

Or, to borrow from our favorite mouse -
"It's a Small World After All"

DD is heading into her senior year of high school. She is developing a community project but needs a name for it. I know there are some creative minds here on the Dis. Please share your ideas if you don't mind.

Her project is a cross-cultural exchange. We live in a urban area with a very diverse population with many people who have English as their second language. We, however are white middle class Christians with ancestors that came to America centuries ago.

She is planning for a group of students maybe 10ish from a variety of different backgrounds, religions, ethnicity, culture, etc. They will go to the elementary school to visit the social studies class. They will each have something to teach or share. It could be a phrase in their native language, a story from their home country or heritage, an ethnic food or candy, or a game that is associated with their culture, etc.

Anyway, she needs a name for this project. Any thoughts? Also, any other ideas to make this project a success are welcome.

i think it's great for the younger kiddos to learn about different cultures but i also think it's important for them to see that all of us share some commonalities so i would suggest that maybe your dd come up with a couple of questions that each of the participants provides the answer to one at a time after they all give their individual presentations (i'm assuming they will all come and do one group presentation). it could be something like 'what is your favorite family tradition' or 'what was one rule you had in your household when you were younger'. it may be interesting to see how seemingly different people share a good deal in common.

(school name here) Country Club. :)

I also really like Culture Club(and it doesn't matter if the kids don't get it) and the concept of Small World. Whatever name they wind up with I think it sounds like a really good idea!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter