Name Change Fee?

meryll83

All it takes is faith and trust...
Anyone know the charge for a name change on a cruise?

Anyone know the charge for a name change on a cruise?

Although there is no fee, a name change will result in the prevailing rate to be applied to the new person.

Also, this is only possible to passengers 2+. The head person cannot be changed. This will result in a completely new booking.

For example, if you change passengers 2+ under an on board booking, the room will still get the OBC, but the new passengers will not (should not) get the 10% discount.

Changing passenger 1, will result in a cancellation and a new booking established. No OBC, and no discount. In fact, if this is concierge, deposit will be lost as well.

Although there is no fee, a name change will result in the prevailing rate to be applied to the new person.

Also, this is only possible to passengers 2+. The head person cannot be changed. This will result in a completely new booking.

For example, if you change passengers 2+ under an on board booking, the room will still get the OBC, but the new passengers will not (should not) get the 10% discount.

Changing passenger 1, will result in a cancellation and a new booking established. No OBC, and no discount. In fact, if this is concierge, deposit will be lost as well.

Thanks, so if it's person 2 they'll just pay whatever the current price is (with some deduction because it's just one person changing or the full new price if you were to obtain a quote based on 2 sharing today?)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Unless something has changed, I'm not sure the first sentence is correct. I just made a change to my reservation for next May and the price when booked was applied. I am the primary and originally booked me, my DH and my kids. I just changed it to remove my kids and rename my DH to a friend instead. There was no additional charge for my friend (no fee and rate is the same as it was for DH when I originally booked). The cruise has gone up in price quite a bit since I booked so if prevailing rates was true, I definitely would have noticed ;)

Unless something has changed, I'm not sure the first sentence is correct. I just made a change to my reservation for next May and the price when booked was applied. I am the primary and originally booked me, my DH and my kids. I just changed it to remove my kids and rename my DH to a friend instead. There was no additional charge for my friend (no fee and rate is the same as it was for DH when I originally booked). The cruise has gone up in price quite a bit since I booked so if prevailing rates was true, I definitely would have noticed ;)

I was going to post the same thing. If you cancel someone and replace them, the new person will be charged the current rate. However, if you change the name you will pay the fare you originally booked. There is only a fee if you do the name change after the 30 day mark. It might be $50. It's been a while since I have seen it posted, so it could have increased.

I was going to post the same thing. If you cancel someone and replace them, the new person will be charged the current rate. However, if you change the name you will pay the fare you originally booked. There is only a fee if you do the name change after the 30 day mark. It might be $50. It's been a while since I have seen it posted, so it could have increased.

How do you make sure it's done as a name change and not a cancel and rebook?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

How do you make sure it's done as a name change and not a cancel and rebook?

Simply tell the person you need to make a name change for one of the guests on your reservation. If you have a TA, they will handle it.

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter