Nail experts...how is this done?

I love Disney nails and I found this pic online. How is the fuzzy effect done?

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...73991784.48826.227969723991939&type=3&theater

(I'm on my iPad and don't know how to post the actual image)

I've never seen that before. Interesting.

63094_273531499435761_1937375663_n.jpg

Yep, flocking. It looks cool but think about what happens when you wash your hands. I'll pass.

All I can think about is the bacteria these would hold. :scared:

JohnsonsLoveDisney said:
My first thought was paper craft flock. I googled and Yup that's one method. http://www.letthemhavepolish.com/2012/04/happy-easter-fuzzy-chick-nails.html?m=1

My nail obsessed DD would love to get in my stuff to do these.

That's awesome. I've never heard of flocking powder. Now that I know what it's called I googled it. It's ok to wash your hands but these manicures don't last long they're saying. I think it's a super cute idea. I think you would do the background and let it dry and then do the dots. Thanks for telling me about flocking powder.

I don't think I'd do the flocking but as far as 2 or 3 colors that is no problem. The nail peeps have tiny special brushes for using more than 1 color an doing designs. Usually cost about a dollar more per nail though.

Probably important to note that the flocking doesn't set 'fluffy' - it looks fluffy, but it feels rough which is why I haven't done it. Kind of ruins the effect if you touch it and it's rough.

I have nail art dotting tools that I use for polka dots. Easy to use, very easy. :) I don't think I would do that look, I'm not a fan at all, but it seems like it would be pretty easy. :) The eye would be really easy, what would be hard would be getting the white part the right size without making it gloppy. lol

Hi there! I see you're interested in my flocking powder Monster's Inc. nails!

If you're wondering how I do the spots, I'd be happy to post a tutorial on my blog!

Just let me know! :)

~Pixel

pixelspolish said:
Hi there! I see you're interested in my flocking powder Monster's Inc. nails!

If you're wondering how I do the spots, I'd be happy to post a tutorial on my blog!

Just let me know! :)

~Pixel

I would love to see how you do it. A previous poster posted a link to your blog. I was pretty excited to see a couple other Disney inspired nails too. You are very creative!

Thank you!

I was planning to post a tutorial on it soon!

I really love creating manicures based off of Disney characters. They're so colorful and there are so many ways to recreate certain aspects of them. :)

I have two new ones I'm going to post really soon, so look out for those as well.

:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter