Mystery points showing up, WWYD?

NicoleLarson

DIS Veteran
So I just went into our DVC account and there's 14 points magically there and they're holding points that need to be used by Sept 1, 2022. I'm 1000% sure we had zero points, our banking deadline was April 30th and I never leave point in our account. I'm wondering if they are a happy accident. We were at AKL last week and our room was 14 points. We had some issues at check in and they had to "rebook" our room. So did these points just lost along that process? Were they gifted to us after letting a manager know our check in issues and that, that CM needed some more training? I want to call MS and see if they can be moved to our 2022 UY but what if it was a glitch and they just take them back? We live close so we could do a quick 1 night stay before Sept. 1 but its not ideal. So would you just leave things as they are and book a 1 night stay? Or Call MS and ask to see if they can be moved into our 2022 UY?

So I just went into our DVC account and there's 14 points magically there and they're holding points that need to be used by Sept 1, 2022. I'm 1000% sure we had zero points, our banking deadline was April 30th and I never leave point in our account. I'm wondering if they are a happy accident. We were at AKL last week and our room was 14 points. We had some issues at check in and they had to "rebook" our room. So did these points just lost along that process? Were they gifted to us after letting a manager know our check in issues and that, that CM needed some more training? I want to call MS and see if they can be moved to our 2022 UY but what if it was a glitch and they just take them back? We live close so we could do a quick 1 night stay before Sept. 1 but its not ideal. So would you just leave things as they are and book a 1 night stay? Or Call MS and ask to see if they can be moved into our 2022 UY?
I would wait a few days. When the front desk gets involved with cancelling/rebooking a reservation there tends to be a lag between the points being returned to your account and when they are taken back to cover the rebooked room.

I would wait a few days. When the front desk gets involved with cancelling/rebooking a reservation there tends to be a lag between the points being returned to your account and when they are taken back to cover the rebooked room.
Agreed. I wouldn't make any future arrangements until you know for sure!

Agreed. I wouldn't make any future arrangements until you know for sure!

Ok, good to know! It was 1 week ago, today. So maybe wait another week? Then would you call if they're still there??? Or just book something?

Ok, good to know! It was 1 week ago, today. So maybe wait another week? Then would you call if they're still there??? Or just book something?
Are the rest of your point totals accurate? If not, call now and ask MS what happened. If yes, I'd wait another week and then call. Good luck!

Are the rest of your point totals accurate? If not, call now and ask MS what happened. If yes, I'd wait another week and then call. Good luck!

Good idea,, i took a look and here's what my statement looks like.
20220721_120902.jpg
I am thinking its just a lag and they didn't take the points back out yet.

Did you have a waitlist come thru that used less points?
Good thought, but I didn't.

Not so sure it's a lag. I think I'd call to make sure the points in holding got there correctly. If not, MS should be able to fix for you. If they did, then I'd try to modify an existing reservation to use the holding points (if I had one that would work). If that wasn't workable, looks like an unplanned stay is in the cards for you. :)

I have had mystery points show up after the front desk got involved in my account a few times. They were always taken away eventually. I had 400 points show up one time. I was hoping they would stick around, but they didn’t.

I have had mystery points show up after the front desk got involved in my account a few times. They were always taken away eventually. I had 400 points show up one time. I was hoping they would stick around, but they didn’t.
Yeah, use these points at your risk. If you use them and they catch the error they would probably deduct them from your next year’s points.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter