• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

mypoints webcert or rain forest?

tinkfan4ever

Mouseketeer
I have enough points to get a $25 gift cert to rain forest cafe or to get a $25 webcertificate. Which do you all suggest I get? I thought I remembered someone using the webcertificate to get disney dollars but I'm not sure.
Thanks!
Steph.

I'd opt for a Webcertificate... but I have the plastic credit card so I can use it for just about anything... The first time I went to WDW I got the Rainforest Certificate & ended up not using it because the meal would still have cost the four of us about $50-60. I actually used my card to buy Disney Dollars (my way of saving $!) but I believe you can buy a gift card on the website & then buy the DD at the store with the gift card.

Christine

I've done the same thing. I order a Disneystore Gift Card with my webcertificate, then bring it to my area Disneystore for Disney dollars. the gift card came very quickly, within two weeks, I would say, at the most.
the only thing is, check with your local Disney Store first to make sure they will allow you to get Disney Dollars with a gift card. Mine does, but I've heard reports here that not all do. Good luck, and have a great trip!

I ordered the RFC gift card because we are meeting some family members who live in Florida for dinner there one night. In the past month or so, I have ordered:

1) RFC gift card
2) Citgo Prepaid Fuel Cards

They all came within a week of ordering! Super fast which made me super :teeth: .

Have a great trip!:Pinkbounc

I really like the Rainforest Gift Cards personally. We buy the vouchers from Hotwire for our actual meal at the the Rainforest Cafe while we are in AK but I let the kids pick up some toys and shirts and stuff for the gift shop. It keeps the wants and I needs down to a bear minimum that day. I get the gift cards in less then two weeks. Enjoy your Trip!

I used mypoints to purchase a rainforest gc. I wanted it for my daughter's birthday as I knew we would be where a there was a rainforest cafe. Unfortunately the gc took a little longer than I expected and I didn't get to use it until almost a year later. When I went to check out I was informed that that rainforest cafe did not accept the gc! So now I have one that expired - was only good for a year. I have intended to try to contact rainforest and see if they will issue me a new one so I can use it at WDW. It was a paper gc, not one of the plastic ones that looks like a credit card. I've recieved several of these for other restaurants from mypoints and never had a problem with using them.

Can you use the gift card at the DS toward the Annual Pass if they wont let you get Disney Dollars for them?

Isn't there a one-time charge of $6.95 to get the "plastic card" from Webcertificates?

We're not huge RC fans (the food's always been fine, but there's so many other restaurants I want to try) so I've been ordering prepaid gas cards (we're driving to Disney). Another thought is to get Target or Walmart gift cards to help pay for film developing, sunscreen, snacks, etc.--all the little expenses that can add up fast.

Yes there is a fee to get the credit card (I got mine free when they first introduced it) but if you rack up enough points over time, it is well worth it!

Christine

What I do is take the printout of the account page from wecertificates and take it to TDS and have them put the # in manually and buy $DD.

THeres been just a few times when the CM said she need the plastic card. I would just try another time with a different CM

ANother option is since you already have a trip planned is if you haven't already paid off the hotel is to call and put whatever is on your card on the hotel balance.

I just did this before our oct trip.

either way you can save the $6.95 fee

good luck and have a great trip

That's a good idea! Is the thing you take in the email that you get sent saying you have a $25 gift cert.? Thanks for the great idea! Could I also use it toward my AP at the DS or at WDW or their online site?
Thanks!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter