MyPoints members anyone?

lilsonicfan

DIS Veteran
I have been a MyPoints member for a long time. Now that I'm headed to Orlando I really wanted to redeem some of my points for some Olive Garden US$ gift cert's. I've done this before, I got a $10 US gc for Olive Garden. But now it says that they are unable to ship to my country. Is anyone a member, or does anyone know more about their shipping policies, have they changed recently?

Would totally appreciate some help! Thanks!

I should add that I have emailed their MemberCare but have yet to receive a reply - and there doesn't seem to be a phone number anywhere on the site!

Hi lilsonic fan!

I'm a member of mypoints and up until a year ago, I used to always redeem for Olive Garden gift certificates. Unfortunately they no longer mail to Canadian addresses. :( If you know anyone in the US, you can get your olive garden gc shipped to them for you? Bummer that they changed the policy. I've just decided to go through giftcertificates.ca now. Good luck!

Hey CJK,

Thanks for the help. I'm extremely disappointed with that new policy! Do you know if it's a MyPoints or an Olive Garden policy?

It's so sad :( It's like Canada is overseas or something!

I really wish that Mypoints had more options for Canadians ... The Webcertificates look neat but it says that its for US residents only, d'oh! I've been using the points for HHonor points.... I'm hoping to use those points for a free hotel stay :p

Hi! Ya....it's really too bad. I have a feeling it's the result of the Olive Garden head company and not mypoints specifically. You're still able to redeem for a home depot gc for example. It's in American dollars but can be used at both Canadian and American Home Depot stores. This is why I don't think the change in policy for OG is a mypoints thing.

Bunnyfoo, I've always wanted to try webcertificates too! :(

Maybe we all ought to start our own Canadian reward program! ;)

It must be Olive Garden because I just ordered a RFC gift cert. and nothing came up to say I couldn't do it. Now I haven't received it yet...........hopefully there will not be a problem.

Originally posted by CJK
Bunnyfoo, I've always wanted to try webcertificates too! :(

Maybe we all ought to start our own Canadian reward program! ;)

Yes I agree!

This thread is making me hungry! I wish they still had Olive Gardens in Canada :(

There are some Olive Gardens in Canada - i know Edmonton and Calgary have them, and there's one outside of Vancouver. Very delicious!!!

Oh, I didn't know that! ... I'll have to make more of an effort to go and visit my friend in Edmonton :p They got rid of all the ones in the Toronto area a couple of years ago, so I just assumed it was everywhere else.

That's too bad but I certainly hope it only applies to the Olive Garden. I've been saving My Points for quite a while and almost have enough for 2 - $25 GC for the RFC and will be really disappointed if I can't get them (you know how hard it is for us Canadians to accumulate points when we can't make use of most of the things we get e-mails about).

I was planning to go for a $25 GC for the Olive Garden next (I really miss them too & love going there for a meal while we're in WDW) but I guess I won't be aiming for a GC for them now.

Thanks for the "heads up" lilsonicfan.

Tink42: Be sure to post when you get your RFC GC so we know it works for us Canadians.

Thanks.

Olive Garden gc's... well I had to arrange to send them to a friend in Oregon who comes up fairly often, hopefully they'll arrive before I leave! It was 1250 points for a $10 USD gc but when I redeemed, there was a note that said on the top of the page that the point levels to redeem for this will be increasing Feb 1, 2003. They didn't have any $25 gc's available either, only $5 and $10's.

On an aside, my BF (no D - very un-Disney, that boy!) and i were way out east of Vancouver today and decided to have dinner at... Olive Garden! Man I love that place! Can't get enough.

What is RFC?

Update: finally got a reply from the MyPoints folks re: having Olive Garden USD gc's sent to Canada. It said:

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Care. USD gift certificates can only be mailed to U.S. mailing addresses. Thus if you are planning to visit Florida in the near future, I would recommend that you have them shipped to the Florida address. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your understanding.

Well! That's a great way for them to thank me for being a loyal patron. Anyway, this may only apply to Olive Garden gc's, so hopefully all you Rainforest aficionados will not have any problems. Hmm - I don't think I've spelled that correctly. Oh well!

Thanks for posting. To "play it safe" I think I'll have my GC for RFC mailed to a frriend in the US and have her mail them to me...what a pain.

Thanks for the update. I may start getting them again and have them mail it to a friend in Florida. You're right......what a pain!

I just found out that my RFC gift cert. has been shipped. The points were taken off my account this week. I used my home address so it is being sent to Canada.

That's great!

I e-mailed them on Wednesday asking if they would mail a RFC gc to Canada, and although the automatic response e-mail I received stated they would respond within 24 - 48 hours, I haven't heard from them yet. I'm also having a difficult time linking to their site from the e-mails they send as well as getting into the site directly.

Let us know when you receive it and also if there's an expiry date on it.

Thanks.

I finally got a reply from My Points last night:

Thank you for contacting MyPoints Member Care.

You can not have the Rainforest Cafe gift certificate mail to a Canada
address, but you can have the redemption sent to an address in the
United States. The expiration date for the gift certificate is one year
from the time of the ordered. We apologize for the inconvenience and
thank you for your support of the MyPoints program.
I'll be curious to see what they send you Tink42...be sure to let us know.

Thanks.

Well, I finally got my RF gift cert. It is dated Feb.4 2003 and is good for one year. I don't know why I didn't have any problem having one sent here but I won't complain.

Tink42

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter