My, What an Interesting Carpet Bag~A Dec. 2013 TR!*Remember Me?!*PTR for May 2015 Link, pg 23!*

Yay PTR plans! I'm glad you shared them with us.

That's so exciting that you're surprising Brandon with AKL! He's going to love it. I know you've stayed there before, so you know how amazing that place is, but I just had to throw my adoration of the resort in there, too. :rotfl2:

I'd keep both O'hana's reservations, but that's just me. :lmao: I ate there for the first time in May, and my goodness! I now completely understand why you were so excited to get that bread pudding to go.

I'd say try Jiko or Sanaa since you're already at AKL, but I haven't eat at any of them, so I can't comment on the food. I just know how convienent it is to be staying at the restaurant resort, and since those places are kind of out of the way when you're at a different resort, it wouldn't be like you're wasting precious travel time.

Don't cancel 50's! I promise the antics aren't near as bad as they seem. And the food is so delicious!

The Be Our Guest Fastpass is actually pretty easy. There's a website you go to (I can send you the link if you want, I've currently got a window open on my Ipad because I'm stalking the page:rotfl:.) And you enter your MDE account info, you might have to link your reservation if you haven't yet, then just click your party members and the date you want, then click either direct to table or expedited arrival.
But just as a heads up, your reservation won't show up in your plans or reservations on your MDE account. It's kind of hidden, but it's still there. If that made sense.

Well, I've used FP+ twice now on trips and have a 3rd set booked, so if you have any questions, I'll try and help.
I would definitely get ones for TSMM, Soarin' and Seven Drwarfs. If you get the 3 early in the morning, then you get another one later in the afternoon and at a different park if you so desire.
I think ToT might be a better choice, just because RNRC has single rider, and if you plan your TSMM FP for about 15 to 20 minutes after opening, you can go ride RNRC first with little wait.

A Festival of Fantasy parade might be a good idea if you really, really want to see it. They tend to go fast on the reservation page. The seating is right near the front of the castle, but if you don't want to use a FP on it, I've had luck getting good spots by the Hall of Presidents and back by the train station. I think I arrived no more than 30 minutes earlier to both.

I would definitely not get FPs at AK if you're visiting there first thing in the morning. If you want to do both Safari and EE, then maybe. But if you get there first thing in the morning, I'd be surprised if EE was super long.

Don't stress too much about the whole FP+ system. It can be really daunting the first time you do it, but when you're actually on your trip, everything's a breeze. And if you decide to visit a different park or want to change your rides, if you do it before park opening you'll get all the headliners. Last trip, I was in DHS for extra morning EMH, and Epcot opened at 9am. At 8:50am I signed on inside Hollywood and moved a TSMM, RNRC, and Star Tours FP to a Soarin', Maelstrom, and SE FP for 9 to 12. Once the park opens and day guests can start booking, availability plummets, but at least you have a little time each morning to make adjustments.

Sorry for such a long reply!

Your upcoming plans sound great. Congrats on the AKL Kidani reservation. I, personally, like CBR. It's a beautiful resort. I hope you love it there.

Don't sweat the FP+ reservations. Just make them and change them if you have to. It's a wonderful time of year to go and you're going to have a great time. :thumbsup2

Our meal at Jiko was not stellar last october. It was just OK. It's a beautiful restaurant, but I probably won't go back for awhile. I haven't eaten at Yachtsman. Katmark loves it and eats there every trip.

I am so excited about your resort choices! They are both places I would like to try one day. Have they put out any pictures of the refurbed rooms yet? The fact that CBR was the last moderate with full size beds was always a turn off since Caitlin can be a bed hogger.

I LOVE AKL! One of my coworkers got stuck in Disney during one of the hurricanes or something in the last year or two and had to stay at Kidani for the first time. She said it was amazing and that her savannah view was much better than Jambo since she was on the first floor the animals were right there unlike Jambo where the lowest floor is 3rd.

On to food choices-
I vote Jiko if you stay at AKV. It was awesome just walking down to eat there plus the food was awesome. I'm sure Brandon would love it there.
If by some chance you move to Boardwalk try Yachtsman.

Keep 50's. The servers seem to know who to mess with and who to leave alone with the antics. And even if you did have a server into antics I'm sure Brandon would handle it. And the food is good!

I'm surprised you want to go to Sanaa. Didn't I have that booked on our trip but you were too afraid to try it?

Yum for Ohana and Crystal Palace. Those are my two that I have decided will always remain on my list. I need some puffed french toast in my life too.

I took my 2015 ticker down a few days ago:sad:John seems pretty sure we aren't going anywhere for a few years. But then his brother called today and asked if we still wanted to go for Nov. 2015. Of course I said YES!!! but then they started talking about stopping at Sams club and getting food for the week to cook since we would be staying at the cabins. Seriously? No Disney food!?:sad2: I don't know if I would just rather wait until 2017 like John wants. He agreed if we wait I can go down a week early with the little one while he and Caitlin come down after a week. That way I would have the whole week to be immersed in Disney before the Disney nay sayers arrive. Decisions, decisions

Hello my long lost DIS friend!
Lol! I haven't been here in ages...I seem to stay away when I have no trip planned because it hurts to read about Disney when I cant go... :(
I noticed your tweet about your FP+ so I wanted to come over and catch-up!

Anyway, great plans so far! How excited will Brandon be when you tell him you are heading to Kidani villiage!! OMG!!

Keep 50's Primetime cafe!! Its not bad at all!!
I think you will find the FP+ isnt bad at all..jealous you will get to ride the Seven Dwarfs mine ride!! Get as many FP+ as you can for that!!

Hope you can write a TR??? I know they are so much work..but you have such great Trip reports!!

Ok..so now I have even more Disney blues than I did before I logged on...UGH

Hope all is well :)
And hope you still like your job!

ok so I have been subscribed to this thread but admit I haven't been keeping up. I'm terribnke about coming to the DIS, as I haven't finished any of my own last TRs so I haven't bothered writing any or PTRs. Yet based on your countdown I dare say we just MIGHT be there at the same time. I am having a lot of the same questions/anxieties about FP+ reservations myself!

We have very short trip planned...just 5 nights...and our main goals are Food and Wine and MNSSHP. I have a few ADRs (even a LeCellier lunch...for seven people...that I just made this month) and I am trying to get a plan together. This was somewhat last minute for us. Just booked our flights a month ago! Resort of POR is booked but we may just stay at Shades of Green. Having proximity to the monorail will be great...but having only 30 days advance for FP+ might suck. Really as long as we get one FP+ for 7D then I will be okay...I think!

Jen, the plans sound great. We are at AKL...but the first part of our trip (we're at Boardwalk the second part). What are your exact dates again?

Hi everyone! So Tuesday is the day, FP + time! :crazy2: I'll probably do my last update that day, so I'll let you guys know how it goes! Wish me luck, I have to get it all figured out this weekend!

Yes.. FP+ is a pain... FYI though ToT is a category 2 (unless it changes!) so you don't need to choose between that and RnRC. You DO NEED to choose between RnRC and TSM though! Personally I would FP+ TSM and ride RoRC first thing in the morning.

We actually enjoyed CBR on our first Disney Trip. WE had a room in Jamaica which was near a bus stop and the bridge to get to the main area.

Cali Grill is our FAVORITE restaurant. The Pork dish now comes Pork 2 ways with the pork tenderloin and Pork Belly. And yes.. you can add extra polenta.. Or order is as a side if you choose something besides the pork for your entree. It cost like $3 or $4 for a side of it.

I would choose Jiko over Yachtsman although both are on our do not return list. Jiko only because the portions were SO SMALL compared to the price but if you are using your dining credits than I am sure you will be fine. Yachtsman was horrible for us in April so we won't return. Although the rolls are awesome!

What is your departure day?!?? I have a feeling we will JUST be missing each other again!

Oh, I keep forgetting about those stupid categories or tiers or whatever they're called! I mean, I know they exist, I just don't know what ride is where! So much to learn!

I'm going to request Jamaica, I like the yellow buildings and the rooms are all refurbed, so hopefully I'll get one!

I knew they changed the pork dish at CA Grill, but I care MUCH more about the fact that they still have my beloved polenta! And I seriously might ask for extra, now that I know you can do that...:scratchin

I still can't decide between Jiko and Yachtsman! I really loved Jiko but I'd like to try a new place as well...we'll see!

We're going home on 9/29! When will you be there?

Nice to see your plans! For the restaurant choice, I've never been to Yachtsman, but I've been to Jiko and enjoyed it. I would recommend Jiko mostly because it's in your resort, though. I remember, when we stayed at AKL, how nice it was to just walk to a great restaurant from our room. I would take advantage of that.

Thanks! I love Jiko, it's SO good! That steak was seriously the best thing I've ever had in my life! Even if I don't go to Jiko, I'm definitely doing Boma and Sanaa, so I'll be taking advantage of going to the wonderful AKL restaurants!

This sounds so great Jen. I've not been in September (yet) but have in October mostly for the Halloween Party. I love that party.

As for BOG lunch ressies, just keep checking here https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com/ until your dates become available. They probably won't for a bit, but keep checking. Trust me!!! It was within a month before my December dates appeared.

I would get the Tower FP since it's still (for now) a Tier 2. So you can still get it for RnRc or TSMM (bot not both) :(.

For a great source if you're looking to prioritize FP, check out here http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3143281 There's a lot of info, but it might be of help. Granted the crowds may be a bit lower than average in Sept, but I think the FP priorities would be roughty the same.

MNSSHP is so much fun! I would have went in October again, but I'm really hoping for low crowds! I'm so happy the Food and Wine fest starts early this year!

Thanks, I'll check for BoG FP's! Ahh, this is so complicated now! FP's to eat lunch?? Crazy! :rotfl2:

Well I guess if I have to choose between TSM and RnRC, TSM wins! :confused3 Maybe I'll get a TSM FP and go straight to RnRC when we get to DHS? I don't know...

Oooh, thanks for that link, I saved it on my phone! It's pretty much common sense, but it's nice to know I'm on the right track! :rotfl:

I really enjoyed CBR! I mean, I was only there for 2 nights so I didn't get the full resort experience, but I really liked it. I was in Aruba and it was great! It's an easy walk to Old Port Royale, and there are great views from there! I thought the room was nice and tbh, I thought Beach Club seemed more run down than CBR. The bathrooms are small, but that's a standard moderate feature, I think, so no big deal!

AHHHHH AKL! Seriously my new obsession. It's just perfect. I never got to check out Kidani but it looks amazing! That'll be an awesome surprise! I recommend the butterfinger (zebra) cupcake from the Mara if you make it over there. YUM.

PLEASE DON'T CANCEL 50'S PRIME TIME!!! :lmao:

I'm pretty sure that the Be Our Guest lunch FP is random. I got 'invited' to do it on my May trip, but not for June. But if you don't get to get a FP it's really not a big wait. Between the two trips I ate there four times for lunch, hahah... and only once with a FP. BUT I mean, if you can find a way to get a FP, totally do it!

I've found that getting FP+ for like mid-morning and early afternoon is great. You can go at rope drop and do a lot before the lines pick up and then still have your reservations! And honestly, I've left a couple days free and decided where to go on the fly, and have been able to get some good stuff! Definitely go for Mine Train though, it's awesome. And Festival of Fantasy is freaking fantastic, and the FP viewing area is really great! Make sure you get there early though if you do decide to get a FP. If you wait too late, there might still be people in front of you. It's worth it to get a FP though because it's right facing the castle and it makes for some awesome pictures!

Okay... that was the longest comment ever, I'm so sorry. You definitely do not have to respond to all that! Hahaha

Yay I'm so glad you liked CBR! It seems like I read lots of bad things about it, but then when you actually talk to someone who's stayed there, they loved it! So that's good! I'm going to request Jamaica, but Aruba is my 2nd choice, so if I get either section, I'll be happy!

I Cannot wait to stay in AKL again! You know how much I love WL...well, I think I love AKL just as much! I can't wait to bring Brandon there, whenever we go there to eat, he always says he wants to stay there, so he's going to be so surprised!! I can't wait to see Kidani either, it looks so lovely in the pictures!

OMG...every single day I want to cancel 50's PT! Seriously...but I'm keeping it because I need to try new things in life and seriously, what's the worst that can happen? I get embarrassed...like that's never happened before in life! :rotfl2:

(But seriously though, I draw the line at having a server feed me...anything else I can handle, but that? I might actually cry if they try that with me! :sad1:)

I think that's what I'm going to do, get later FP's and do rope drop in the morning! And I'm definitely doing the Mine Train and FoF! How early do you think is early enough to get to the FP area for FoF? I don't want people in front of me for my first time seeing this parade!!! :rotfl:

Yay!!! You're trip sounds awesome!!!

We get to try 'Ohana for dinner finally on our January trip!!

I can't wait for MNSSHP!!!! :)

Thanks!

Yay, you are going to love 'Ohana! Save room for bread pudding! :cool1:

I know, me too!!!

Yay PTR plans! I'm glad you shared them with us.

That's so exciting that you're surprising Brandon with AKL! He's going to love it. I know you've stayed there before, so you know how amazing that place is, but I just had to throw my adoration of the resort in there, too. :rotfl2:

I'd keep both O'hana's reservations, but that's just me. :lmao: I ate there for the first time in May, and my goodness! I now completely understand why you were so excited to get that bread pudding to go.

I'd say try Jiko or Sanaa since you're already at AKL, but I haven't eat at any of them, so I can't comment on the food. I just know how convienent it is to be staying at the restaurant resort, and since those places are kind of out of the way when you're at a different resort, it wouldn't be like you're wasting precious travel time.

Don't cancel 50's! I promise the antics aren't near as bad as they seem. And the food is so delicious!

The Be Our Guest Fastpass is actually pretty easy. There's a website you go to (I can send you the link if you want, I've currently got a window open on my Ipad because I'm stalking the page:rotfl:.) And you enter your MDE account info, you might have to link your reservation if you haven't yet, then just click your party members and the date you want, then click either direct to table or expedited arrival.
But just as a heads up, your reservation won't show up in your plans or reservations on your MDE account. It's kind of hidden, but it's still there. If that made sense.

Well, I've used FP+ twice now on trips and have a 3rd set booked, so if you have any questions, I'll try and help.
I would definitely get ones for TSMM, Soarin' and Seven Drwarfs. If you get the 3 early in the morning, then you get another one later in the afternoon and at a different park if you so desire.
I think ToT might be a better choice, just because RNRC has single rider, and if you plan your TSMM FP for about 15 to 20 minutes after opening, you can go ride RNRC first with little wait.

A Festival of Fantasy parade might be a good idea if you really, really want to see it. They tend to go fast on the reservation page. The seating is right near the front of the castle, but if you don't want to use a FP on it, I've had luck getting good spots by the Hall of Presidents and back by the train station. I think I arrived no more than 30 minutes earlier to both.

I would definitely not get FPs at AK if you're visiting there first thing in the morning. If you want to do both Safari and EE, then maybe. But if you get there first thing in the morning, I'd be surprised if EE was super long.

Don't stress too much about the whole FP+ system. It can be really daunting the first time you do it, but when you're actually on your trip, everything's a breeze. And if you decide to visit a different park or want to change your rides, if you do it before park opening you'll get all the headliners. Last trip, I was in DHS for extra morning EMH, and Epcot opened at 9am. At 8:50am I signed on inside Hollywood and moved a TSMM, RNRC, and Star Tours FP to a Soarin', Maelstrom, and SE FP for 9 to 12. Once the park opens and day guests can start booking, availability plummets, but at least you have a little time each morning to make adjustments.

Sorry for such a long reply!

I'm so excited to go back to AKL and finally have Brandon stay there too! The only bad thing is that it's at the end of the trip! :rotfl2: I'm going to be looking forward to it, but then when we get there, I know we only have a few days left!

Haha, I'd love to keep both 'Ohana reservations, but I actually think the first one I have doesn't make sense, so I guess I'll end up keeping the 2nd one!

I'm definitely doing Sanaa, Boma also! I'm just not sure about Jiko, it's either that or Yachtsman...I would love to have an excuse to go to the Beach/Yacht Club, but then again, the steak I had at Jiko was the best thing ever...we'll see!

Haha, I won't cancel 50's! I keep wanting to, but I won't! It's good to try new things right?

I think I'll be ok with getting a BoG FP, I'll just have to start stalking it in August to see if my time frame opened up! And I should probably figure out what day I want to go on! :confused3

Thanks for all of your FP input! I'm actually a little more calm about it now, after hearing how easy it is! So I'll just have to see what happens on Tuesday I guess, hopefully everything will go smoothly! It's also nice that I'm going in September, I'm hoping the crowds will be low and I'll get to switch things easily, if I need to!

Don't apologize for the long response, it was very helpful! I'm happy to get any FP advice that I can! :cool1::thumbsup2

Your upcoming plans sound great. Congrats on the AKL Kidani reservation. I, personally, like CBR. It's a beautiful resort. I hope you love it there.

Don't sweat the FP+ reservations. Just make them and change them if you have to. It's a wonderful time of year to go and you're going to have a great time. :thumbsup2

Our meal at Jiko was not stellar last october. It was just OK. It's a beautiful restaurant, but I probably won't go back for awhile. I haven't eaten at Yachtsman. Katmark loves it and eats there every trip.

Thanks! I'm so excited about Kidani! And CBR for that matter! I have a feeling I will love it there, especially if I get a new room, they look beautiful! I just love the tropical feeling of the resort, it looks so relaxing!

Thanks, I'm definitely calming down with the FP stress! My FP day is Tuesday so I'll keep you all updated!

Really, that's upsetting! I loved Jiko when I was there! And I've heard such great things about Yachtsman, so I really can't decide! :upsidedow

I am so excited about your resort choices! They are both places I would like to try one day. Have they put out any pictures of the refurbed rooms yet? The fact that CBR was the last moderate with full size beds was always a turn off since Caitlin can be a bed hogger.

I LOVE AKL! One of my coworkers got stuck in Disney during one of the hurricanes or something in the last year or two and had to stay at Kidani for the first time. She said it was amazing and that her savannah view was much better than Jambo since she was on the first floor the animals were right there unlike Jambo where the lowest floor is 3rd.

On to food choices-
I vote Jiko if you stay at AKV. It was awesome just walking down to eat there plus the food was awesome. I'm sure Brandon would love it there.
If by some chance you move to Boardwalk try Yachtsman.

Keep 50's. The servers seem to know who to mess with and who to leave alone with the antics. And even if you did have a server into antics I'm sure Brandon would handle it. And the food is good!

I'm surprised you want to go to Sanaa. Didn't I have that booked on our trip but you were too afraid to try it?

Yum for Ohana and Crystal Palace. Those are my two that I have decided will always remain on my list. I need some puffed french toast in my life too.

I took my 2015 ticker down a few days ago:sad:John seems pretty sure we aren't going anywhere for a few years. But then his brother called today and asked if we still wanted to go for Nov. 2015. Of course I said YES!!! but then they started talking about stopping at Sams club and getting food for the week to cook since we would be staying at the cabins. Seriously? No Disney food!?:sad2: I don't know if I would just rather wait until 2017 like John wants. He agreed if we wait I can go down a week early with the little one while he and Caitlin come down after a week. That way I would have the whole week to be immersed in Disney before the Disney nay sayers arrive. Decisions, decisions

I can't wait to finally see CBR in person! You know how many trips I've had booked there and then changed? And now with my extra day at POFQ, I'll have stayed in all 4 mods!

I can't wait to go back to AKL, and to see what Kidani is like! We don't have a savannah room, but that's ok, because we can just go to a viewing area to see the animals! I never expected to like AKL as much as I did, but now I like it as much as WL!

I can't really decide between Jiko and Yachtsman. Jiko was so good, but Yachtsman also sounds good, and I've wanted to eat there for so long! I don't know...either way, both places are good.

I am keeping 50's even though I'm nervous! I'm going to get there early and have a drink, so that way if they mess with me, I'll just go along with it! I was so scared to eat at Whispering Canyon and while they did kind of mess with us, they seemed to not really push it to much either so I hope this places is the same way!

I was scared of Sanaa, I still am, but I just feel like I have to try it, especially since I'm staying at Kidani. And anyway, I already know I want the butter chicken and the ribs, so I have a feeling I'll like those things. And Brandon likes all that weird stuff, so he'll have no problem there.

Yeah I can't not go to 'Ohana. And I'm glad I grabbed the Crystal Palace when I saw it open because it's completely booked for my week. And this time, we're asking to see Eeyore, I'm not going there for a 4th time and getting snubbed!

If you can go next year, just go! You can always go eat Disney food by yourself, or with Caitlin or something. I don't see how you can possibly wait until 2017! :sad:

Hello my long lost DIS friend!
Lol! I haven't been here in ages...I seem to stay away when I have no trip planned because it hurts to read about Disney when I cant go... :(
I noticed your tweet about your FP+ so I wanted to come over and catch-up!

Anyway, great plans so far! How excited will Brandon be when you tell him you are heading to Kidani villiage!! OMG!!

Keep 50's Primetime cafe!! Its not bad at all!!
I think you will find the FP+ isnt bad at all..jealous you will get to ride the Seven Dwarfs mine ride!! Get as many FP+ as you can for that!!

Hope you can write a TR??? I know they are so much work..but you have such great Trip reports!!

Ok..so now I have even more Disney blues than I did before I logged on...UGH

Hope all is well :)
And hope you still like your job!

Hii!!! I know how you feel, it's always hard for me to be on the DIS when I don't know when I'll be back to WDW too. I don't know what it's going to be like after this trip because who knows when I'll be back? :sad:

Haha, I'm expecting Brandon to be excited about moving to Kidani, but watch him be annoyed that we have to pack up all our stuff and move! :rotfl2:

I will keep 50's, I think I'm imagining it to be much worse than it will really be! If anything, I'll just run out of there crying, no big deal!

My priorities for FP+ are pretty much Mine Train and FoF! I cannot wait for the Mine train! :cool1:

I will probably do a TR for this trip, since I'll have a 2 month break! Gives me time to catch up on everyone else's and by the time I get back, I'll be dying to write a TR again!

Aww, I'm sorry! :sad: Disney blues are the worst!

Thanks! And I do! :thumbsup2

ok so I have been subscribed to this thread but admit I haven't been keeping up. I'm terribnke about coming to the DIS, as I haven't finished any of my own last TRs so I haven't bothered writing any or PTRs. Yet based on your countdown I dare say we just MIGHT be there at the same time. I am having a lot of the same questions/anxieties about FP+ reservations myself!

We have very short trip planned...just 5 nights...and our main goals are Food and Wine and MNSSHP. I have a few ADRs (even a LeCellier lunch...for seven people...that I just made this month) and I am trying to get a plan together. This was somewhat last minute for us. Just booked our flights a month ago! Resort of POR is booked but we may just stay at Shades of Green. Having proximity to the monorail will be great...but having only 30 days advance for FP+ might suck. Really as long as we get one FP+ for 7D then I will be okay...I think!

OMG I'm horrible about being on the DIS and reading TR's and commenting...I'm finally getting around to getting caught up! :rotfl2:

5 nights isn't that short! Isn't it great that you can get a Le Cellier ADR so late now? It used to be impossible! Yeah 30 days for FP is kind of stupid, but hopefully there will be decent times left for you! POR is gorgeous, but Shades of Green is so close to MK so that's a tough choice!

Sounds like a wonderful trip you have planned!! :goodvibes

Thank you! :goodvibes

Jen, the plans sound great. We are at AKL...but the first part of our trip (we're at Boardwalk the second part). What are your exact dates again?

Thanks! Well, we actually added a day (of course, like I could resist!) so now I'm going from 9/19-9/29. As of now though, our arrival day is a non-park day, we'll just go to resorts and probably run to Publix to get a few groceries and hang out by the pool to rest up for our real first day! We've never done that before so I'm actually excited about it! :rotfl2:

Thanks! Well, we actually added a day (of course, like I could resist!) so now I'm going from 9/19-9/29. As of now though, our arrival day is a non-park day, we'll just go to resorts and probably run to Publix to get a few groceries and hang out by the pool to rest up for our real first day! We've never done that before so I'm actually excited about it! :rotfl2:

We are there the same time. I've started a PTR, but I've only done the first two days. Our arrival day is the 19th and we are not doing a park either. We do leave though on the 26th as we go to Marco Island for nine days. I hope we can say hello at some point.

We are there the same time. I've started a PTR, but I've only done the first two days. Our arrival day is the 19th and we are not doing a park either. We do leave though on the 26th as we go to Marco Island for nine days. I hope we can say hello at some point.

I've been reading your PTR on my phone, but I haven't joined yet, I keep forgetting! I can't believe we'll be in Disney at the same time, I have a feeling I'll run into you at some point! :banana:

THE END!!!!

Hi everyone!

We'll it's finally happening...this Trip Report is coming to an end! I can't believe it's almost August and this thing is still going, I figured I'd finish it in February or March, since it was such a short trip! :confused3 But it's finally time to wrap it all up and move on to the next trip! (Oh, and I'll update you on my FP+ experience at the end!)

I'll start with the not so great moments and get those out of the way first! :rotfl:

Like I said in the beginning of this TR, this wasn't exactly my favorite trip. It was weird. It was rushed, we didn't have the dining plan, which I don't like, we didn't have enough time to do everything, which of course, I knew going in, planning a 4 day trip. But still, getting there and then realizing "OMG I ONLY HAVE 4 DAYS" when you haven't been there in almost a year is aggravating! :rotfl2: I tried so hard to cram everything in, but the whole time I was so conscious of the fact that we only had a few days there, and I knew exactly when we'd be going home. Which is weird, because I've done 4 night trips before, and they never felt this rushed. :confused3 But it was unsettling and just being so aware of the fact that it felt like time was running out the whole trip made me unable to relax and really enjoy myself.

The crowds were crazy, and I let it get to me. I try to not let things bother me in Disney the way they bother me at home, but I wasn't doing a very good job of that on this trip. I had to constantly tell myself to calm down and be happy to be in Disney World!!! People were just so rude and pushy and selfish and it was hard to deal with. I knew the crowds would be insane because it was the weekend after Thanksgiving, but I guess I was a little overwhelmed at just how bad they were. This is the whole reason we're going in September this year. September really seems to be the only slow time left in Disney, so with that and Food and Wine, it seemed like the perfect time to go.

I hated the new Fast Pass system and the Magic Bands. I hated scheduling when I had to go on a certain ride. The legacy system was still there at that point, but it seemed like they would run out faster, and the standby lines seemed much longer than normal. Maybe I would have been ok with FP+ if I was able to schedule them before the trip, but since we didn't buy our tickets until we were there, we couldn't. And also, the stupid app just stopped working on my phone, so I had to use Brandon's phone to try to do things, which was hard because he's practically glued to that thing! :laughing:

Anyway, enough complaining, on to the good!

There were plenty of great moments on this trip! I know you probably think I had a miserable time, reading all of that, but I didn't! I had a great time, it was just, this was probably the most I've ever been annoyed and aggravated in Disney, so it just kind of stood out to me that I wasn't my happy Disney self on this trip the whole time, that's all!

Seeing the Christmas decorations is always fun!

I loved visiting all of the different resorts and seeing how they were decorated! Getting to spend so much time in the Grand was definitely a highlight because I'm obsessed with that place!

Eating at Kona Island at the Poly was awesome, because we got BREAD PUDDING!

And I also discovered a new favorite thing to eat at Beaches and Cream, the tomato soup and grilled cheese! Yeah, it's simple, but it is SOOO good! I have to find a way to go there on this trip!

The Christmas Party was perfect, as always!

Celebrate the Magic was my first introduction to Frozen and "Let it Go" which started an obsession with that song that is STILL going on...

I love staying at Pop, I think it's adorable! I'm so glad I have a value resort that I really love and that feels like home to me! I'm a deluxe snob, there's no question, but deluxes aren't always affordable, so I'm glad Pop is just as awesome! There are some people who just refuse to stay in a value, so I'm glad I really love Pop! (And you can decorate the windows there!)

We had lots of fun character meetings, ate in a few of our favorite restaurants, and again, we really did have an awesome time! My favorite time to be in Disney is for the holidays, so you cannot beat that extra magic that's in the air when the parks are all decorated for Christmas! :love:

I want to thank you all again for reading this TR and sticking with me all these months, even though I would go so long without updating, and I'm SOO behind on everyone's TR's! I'm not usually like that, I don't like when I read people's TR's and they don't read mine, so I try not to do that myself, I just got SOOOO far behind! I am catching up though, and now that this is officially finished, I have much more free DIS time! Thank you soooo much for reading, it means a lot! DIS friends are the best! :woohoo:

September Trip News!

Well, the first thing I should tell you is, I extended my trip by a day! :yay: We're now arriving a day earlier and we will be staying at Port Orleans French Quarter for the night! CBR was booked solid with free dining, and anyway, I want to use this day to just hang out, go to Downtown Disney, go to a grocery store, maybe go in the pool...just relax for once, instead of going crazy and racing around so we can get in the parks! It's going to be hard, not going to the parks that day, but I don't want us to be exhausted at the beginning of the trip, since we have such a looooong trip ahead of us! I'm so excited to check out POFQ also, it looks so pretty!

The other thing is, I made my FP+ selections last night, and it wasn't as painful as I thought it would be! :dance3: I got everything I wanted: the Mine Train a few times, Soarin' a few times, Anna and Elsa (later in our trip, because the first few days, they were booked already! Crazy!), Festival of Fantasy, and Toy Story Mania! I didn't book FP's for every day, I left days open and unplanned because I really have no clue what we're going to want to be doing on which days! I don't even have all of our ADR's picked out yet, I still can't even decide between Yachtsman and Jiko! (Although, I'm leaning more towards Yachtsman because I think I want to go there before an Epcot night...I don't know though!)

So I don't think I'm going to hate Magic Bands and FP+ as much as I did on this past trip, since we actually got to plan in advance and get good times for certain things! I'm curious to see how it's going to be going into a park and knowing what you're going to ride and when but whatever, I have to get used to it if I want to keep going to Disney!

Thank you all SOOOOO much for reading! I'm not sure if I'm going to do a Trip Report for September, but I'm guessing I will, so I hope once I start it, you will all be back to read that one!:dance3: If this TR is still open, I'll put a link here, but if not, I'll just PM everyone or nag you all on your own TR's! :laughing:

See you soon!!! :dumbo::simba::ccat:

I have had trips like that, where things were just off and it didn't measure up to other trips that have come before. They can't ALL be perfect, I guess!!

PLEASE nag me/message me if & when you start your September TR, I want to be in!!!

I feel the same way about Pop - Deluxes are nice and all, but I have no problem whatsoever staying at Pop. I'm glad there is that value option with all of the Disney perks.

That is cool that you get to check out POFQ - we have always wanted to stay there, but never actually done so.

I'm glad the FP+ reservations went well for your September trip! Definitely want to follow that TR too (assuming there is one). Not long to go!

Short trips definitely take some getting used to, I completely see where you're coming from with that. I just always go into them with a completely open mind, and figure if I miss it, I miss it. However, if I hadn't been in almost a year, I could see how it could be disappointing.

They've definitely worked out the kinks in the FP+ system. I really like it now, more each time I use it.

POP really is a great resort. Believe me, I'm a deluxe snob too, mainly because we have DVC. LOL. If the P's didn't let me use DVC regularly....I'd be at POP all of the time. :lmao:

I'm telling you, the planning in advance component with FP+ makes it so easy. For me, it completely takes the stress out of mornings.

Like Danielle said, those shorter trips take getting adjusted to.

I'm glad you enjoyed Pop; Mark and I have tried a value twice now and we just can't do it. Hopefully everyone will still like us resort snobs. ;)

Great highlight pictures.

I've read two really bad reviews on Yachstman in the last two months. You might want to consider Jiko.

I'm glad you got your FP+ selections.

Here's hoping I see you at the parks one of the days since we overlap for such a long time.

Aww Jen, I totally understand all your aggravation. Honestly, if you didn't know how wonderful Disney really is you might think twice about going back. But thankfully you do know. But then again, knowing all that would for sure make a less than stellar time that much more noticeable. But you know, I always appreciate whenever someone points out some bad experiences too. WE all have them, so it's always refreshing to read about a trip so honestly presented.

But Disney is still Disney and ALWAYS finds a way... especially at the holidays. Thank you for sharing.

And I love POP too!!!!

Short trips can be hard.
Our recent trip was 3 days and we didn't go into a park once- except for having go through check at epcot to ride monorail to MK! haha

I'm nervous about using FP+ for our October trip. It'll be odd, but I liked using the magic bands on our little getaway last week! Very convenient!

Yes- do yachtsman and then a night at epcot! Sounds perfect!

Plans look good.
I love 50’s PTC. The chicken is delicious and so is the PB&J shake.
Sanaa is my favorite place to eat on property.
I think you need a month to go to all the restaurants. LOL.
I have not ridden the Mine Ride and will not till September 2015. 
Have you used the sites for crowd levels?
An extra day sounds good.
Thanks for sharing your trip and can’t wait to hear about the next one.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter