My tulips

Those tulips are gorgeous! The lawn, too! What color are those tulips? They look like a deep purple.

Thank you both! Glad you like them. :D

Olena, Yes, they are a very, very, deep purple. And I especially thank you for commenting on the lawn. I had to start that sucker from seed. The builders left my back yard in a mess. After two loads of dirt, and countless hours of shovelling, scratching, and seeding, I'm very proud of my grass. ;) It's still quite patchy, but I didn't get the seeds planted till last fall.

Ya'll have a great day!

Your effort is evident. You have a superb, enviable and healthy-looking yard....:D

GREEN!!!!! You have GREEN! and such beautful flowers...I am greeeen with envy. we got snow today.:(

Very nice pictures, thanks for sharing them. We've had snow flurries today, nothing is sticking, but I needed gloves and earmuffs when I took Buster for a walk.

Bobbi:D

Oh, I love spring. I sure wish it would arrive in Michigan soon.

Your tulips are very pretty. Do you have to freeze the bulbs before planting them?

Thanks for the hope of spring to come! Unfortunately it will be at least 6 weeks before we get that far around here!

Those are nice flowers. I had planted some seeds today and will plant my bulbs in two days. I hope they come out as nice as yours. I like the mixture of the yellow and purple.

olena, Thank you again! You are too kind. (I love this board...;) )

amid chaos and bobbiwoz, Well, we had lots of... wind! LOL! I'd almost trade you my green for some snow. I've only seen real snow a few times in my life. It's magical to me! :D

nativetxn, Hi! I had to keep them in the bottom of my refridgerator for two months, before I planted them. That was, perhaps, the longest two months of my life (next to the final months of pregnancy, of course).
I'm very impatient, but I did manage to keep my bulbs in the fridge. I think I'm supposed to dig them up in order for them to come up again next year, but I'm not going through all that. Whatever will be, will be...:D

dianeschlicht, I'm so glad you liked the pic! I felt kind of silly posting a pic of so few tulips, but Spring is Spring. I hope it hurries your way!

mommytotwo, Thank you so much! My house is a bright, light yellow, and purple is one of my favorite colors. My sister keeps picking at me about the purple curtains in my bedroom. (A bit tacky for sure, but they make me smile.) Wait till she visits next to see the "purple" striped rose bush planted outside my bedroom window! :teeth:

Beautiful springy spring pic ! Made me feel warm and hopeful, thanks. Your lawn is so green and lush and your tulips and daffies are picture perfect. You should be very proud of your hard work.
I'm green with envy, my lawn is still muddy brown, ich. Yesterday was rain/snow & sleet. Today looks like the sun might come out. I can't wait to put on my gardening gloves instead of snow gloves

Hey! Guess what I just noticed pushing its way out of the soil this weekend? Yep! My daffys!!! SPRING IS ON ITS WAY!!!!!

DanDave - I find it interesting that your plants are coming up right out of your lawn - like crocus plants. How do you handle mowing the lawn but preserving the leaves of the plants after the flowers are gone? You know, so that the leaves can send energy to the bulbs for next season?

Wow your picture has me hoping for spring. It gives me hope that it will be here soon. Spring in Indiana seems so far away. Although it snowed here the last 3 days. I do see a little bit of green coming up though. I hope they will be okay. I also can’t wait for my tulips. I bought them in the Netherlands on my trip last year. The wait is killing me. I saved all the little cards and look at the pictures often. I can’t wait too see what they will look like in my yard. I will have to take pictures.
chrissy

Tulirose , Hi! I'm almost embarrassed to tell you what I do, but you asked... We cut the grass as closely to the tulips and daffs as we can get with the mower. Then, when most of the neighbors are at work, I go out with my scissors to trim up around the bulbs. Many more daffs have come up, but I do love that naturalized look. I'm sure most of my neighbors already think I'm a nut for spending so much time in my yarden, but I don't want to give them too much to talk about by letting them see me out there cutting the grass blade by blade with my scissors. :teeth:

Thank you all for the nice comments! Happy gardening to each of you! :D

Originally posted by dandave
........ I'm sure most of my neighbors already think I'm a nut for spending so much time in my yarden, but I don't want to give them too much to talk about by letting them see me out there cutting the grass blade by blade with my scissors. :teeth: ........
Your YARDEN!!! I LOVE IT!!!! Rest assured, WE here at the DIS Flower and Garden Forum do NOT think you are a nut! Thanks for sharing your SPRINGtime pictures and your secret....it's safe with us! :D

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter