My Trip Report, FINALLY!

kaygela

<font color=coral>was having a blond moment at the
I'm so sorry it has taken me sooo long to post this. We got home last week and I was back to work and up to my eyeballs in real life stuff :sad2:

Anyway, we had a fantastic vacation. We loved everything about Paris and had a great time at DLP.

We got there right after the park opened and it was a little chilly so I was glad that we had layered our clothes. In no time, it warmed up nicely and we just peeled off layers. I went right over to City Hall to make a dinner reservation for L'Auberge de Cendrillon and were told that they were closed for the day. We had our hearts set on eating there so that was a major disappointment. So, instead I booked a late lunch at Walt's (which ended up being empty so we really didn't need the reservation). We headed over to Discovery Land and there was a short queue for Space Mountain so we went right to it. We enjoyed the ride. DS 17 got to ride twice since my DH and I did a baby swap since my DS9 wouldn't ride. It is a much nicer version than the WDW one. It's very fast and smooth with great visuals. While I rode with DS17, my Husband and DS9 were getting pictures with Stitch which is my DS's favorite. We picked up fastpasses for StarTours and went over to Autopia which had about a 30 minute wait. Star Tours was identical to the one in WDW except for the Automatronics speaking French. The film was in English.

Then we headed over to Fantasyland. By now the park seemed to be filling up a bit. We loved the stained glass windows in the castle and thought the
dragon under the castle was brilliant. princess: (Turned out to be my DS9's favorite attraction!) :love: Peter Pan was out of Fast passes and there was a 90 minute wait so we decided we would try for it later in the day. We then went to Pinnochio's ride and Alice in Wonderland's labrynth. This was very different than the attractions in WDW so we really enjoyed it. We took a ton of pictures in the labrynth and spent alot of time trying to find our way through it. Then we went to Small World and just had about a 15 minute wait. I thought this was also a bit nicer than the one in WDW, probably because it is newer.

Now it was time for our lunch at Walt's. I loved the decor and the theming, expecially the old fashioned elevator. The hostess immediatedly handed DS9 a small ball which opened to contain two tiny disney characters. That was adorable. :cheer2: The waitress seemed a little bothered that my DS9 wanted the fettuchini alfredo with chicken without the chicken. She tried to convince him to order from the children's menu and get farfalle with salmon. This was not going over well with him at all :sad2:Finally she agree to the fettuchini, but warned him that there were mushrooms in it which he said was fine. When she brought his plate to the table, there was not a mushroom to be found, but instead it was covered in tomatoes and spinach. So we assumed it was a language problem. We took all these veggies off, and he did enjoy the fettuchini. We all enoyed our food but were a bit surprised when the bill came to discover that the fettuchini was full price, without the chicken. Oh well. We ordered two of the mickey puzzles for dessert and thought they were brilliant! :Pinkbounc Overall, it was a nice, relaxing meal.

Now it was time for the parade at 4 which was wonderful. We got a great spot right outside of Walt's and saw everything perfectly. My only criticism is that the song they use is pretty short and they keep replaying it over and over and over again. More so than I remember at other parades.

After the parade, we headed over to Phantom Manor (about a 20 minute wait). I thought the graveyard scene was very well done, but was a little disappointed at the end that everyone seemed to have the same hitchhiking ghost. Meanwhile, DH and DS9 went over to the play areas near the Pirate ship. We met them over there and DS17 and I rode Indiana Jones. It felt like as soon as the ride was getting good, it ended. Then all of us went over to POC which was great. There was a very short wait for that which surprised us. I'm so used to the long lines at WDW.

Now, it was back to Fantasyland and the wait for Peter Pan was only about 30 minutes. I really love that ride and I think this one had more glitter and sparkle to it than WDW. :love: We finished with the tea cups and the carousel which is something my DS9 has decided is a tradition. We stopped into the Emporium for some shopping and then over to Disney Village for the evening. I will finish posting about that later.

What a wonderful report it sounds as if you had a really magical time :wizard:
It was a shame that L'Auberge de Cendrillon was closed that day,did you manage to fit it in?
Can't wait to read more :)
Thanks

:earsgirl:

Lovely report and nice to see comparision with WDW.

Shame that L'Auberge was closed, but Walts is also nice :)

Reid

Enjoying your report, and I have a question. Did you say there were hitchhiking ghosts at the end of your Phantom Manor ride - like the ones on Haunted Mansion at WDW?? If so, this is something new - even if they are all the same it's better than NO ghost! I've always missed them, even though on the whole I like the Manor better than the Mansion...

Also I agree that Small World and Peter Pan are better then WDW, also I think the sound tracks are clearer and better quality - as you said, probably because they are newer.

Anyway - that's brilliant about the hitchhiking "ghost"!
:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Ghosts hitch-hikers were on our doom buggy summer last year.
I thought they had always been there. :confused3
Does anyone know when they were added ?

Reid

Maybe we are not thinking of the same thing? I think the problem might be with me - sorry. I thought Kaygela was refering to those ghosts who come and sit right in your car with you at the end of the ride at WDW. They definitely were not there any of the times I rode Phantom Manor in 2004 or 2005... If this is not what we are talking about, I apologize... then, um... what ARE we talking about??? :)
:listen: :confused3 :listen: :confused3

The hitchhiking ghosts have always been working when I've done Phantom Manor. They look like they are hanging on the back of the doombuggy and peer over the top, as oppose to the ones at the Haunted Mansion in WDW, which seem to sit in the car with you. - though that doesn't work so well when there are three of you squashed in!!!

Ooops - I got so involved in the ghost thing I forgot to say thanks for a great report Kaygela!! :goodvibes Glad you enjoyed DLP!

Of course I remember those ghosts! Still like the ones at WDW better - there are several of them, and you never know which one will sit right down with you and ride! :rotfl2:
Sorry for being so thick! Where's that embarrassed smiley when you need it??
:sad2:

Hehe, yes, I was referring to the same one Bexx is talking about - just peeping over the back of the doombuggy.

Oh and I forgot to say too that I enjoyed your trip report, Kaygela! Glad you had a good time! :)

Thanks for the replies. I didn't mind the ghosts on top of the buggies instead of inside.but i was disappointed to see the same one on each buggy.

I forgot to post one think that really bothered me in the park. It had to do with the appearance of characters. There was no one keeping a line organized so kids were randomly running up and cutting in front of kids. It was sort of a free for all and the parents with the kids were not doing anything to stop it. They were just as bad. It happened a couple of times and my DS is not too aggressive so it was a problem. At one point he got cut off a couple of times and I finally said that's it...you're going up next no matter what and I put myself in front of other kids that were coming over from the side. Just as he was about to go up to the character, they said they had to leave. He was so upset. :sad2: I really think they need to improve that and have a better system like they do at WDW. i noticed alot of people cutting lines too. It seems to be an overall problem.

kaygela said:
Thanks for the replies. I didn't mind the ghosts on top of the buggies instead of inside.but i was disappointed to see the same one on each buggy.

I forgot to post one think that really bothered me in the park. It had to do with the appearance of characters. There was no one keeping a line organized so kids were randomly running up and cutting in front of kids. It was sort of a free for all and the parents with the kids were not doing anything to stop it. They were just as bad. It happened a couple of times and my DS is not too aggressive so it was a problem. At one point he got cut off a couple of times and I finally said that's it...you're going up next no matter what and I put myself in front of other kids that were coming over from the side. Just as he was about to go up to the character, they said they had to leave. He was so upset. :sad2: I really think they need to improve that and have a better system like they do at WDW. i noticed alot of people cutting lines too. It seems to be an overall problem.
I absolutely agree. If you stand there and wait patiently hoping others will play fair you get completely pushed out. You have to be aggressive which I think most people find difficult especially where kids are concerned. They do need a CM "minder" with characters like at WDW where everyone gets a fair crack of the whip.

Great report kaygela! Thank you so much for sharing it.

I totally agree about the character management issues there are. This really frustrates me and needs addressing.

What did you think of the overall "magic" of DLP? Did you enjoy the differences there are between DLP and WDW & DL?

Once, and only once the CM and character were good :) Jessie at Studios "demanded" that everyone stand in line and would allow no photos or autographs until everyone (adults and children behaved) :)
Wish I had thought to comment them to the management.

Reid

Miffy2003 said:
Great report kaygela! Thank you so much for sharing it.

I totally agree about the character management issues there are. This really frustrates me and needs addressing.

What did you think of the overall "magic" of DLP? Did you enjoy the differences there are between DLP and WDW & DL?

As soon as I saw Main Street with the Castle at the end, the "magic" was there. I just love all the nuances that make it Disney. Everything is always top quality, special and well thought out. As far as the differences in the parks, I think I welcomed them. It was fun experiencing things for the first time. I think that's why we enjoyed the dragon and the labrynth so much. And it was exciting to see a parade that we've never seen before. Even the subtle differences in some of the rides, like POC were nice to experience. And I think next time we get to WDW, the experience will be a different one for us because we will be making comparisons to DLP. It just gives you a new and fresh perspective that keeps things interesting. What I did miss was the nightime parade and fireworks. That always puts me in the most magical mood.

Great report! I agree there is little "handling" at DLP. We had great trouble with Donald - he signed very few autographs then leapt into his buggy and drove off (although he did stop briefly for a girl on crutches). As he was younger DS favourite that caused a lot of tears - it was the only time we saw him while we were there. :sad2:

What most amazed me were the parents that made no attempt to keep their child from cutting ahead. If anything, what I witnessed was the opposite.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter